Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OOC Request Thread: Have Powers, Will Travel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's a character flaw, I know, but I'm not a fan of rivalry dynamics, so it would be safest for YC to be the brains to Rahn's brawn. Though if you'd like to play a character who is accustomed to being the biggest badass and has to deal with the fact that Rahn is an even bigger badass, that would be okay. (They could also have the brains / skills / magic /whatever.)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern, SciFi, Combat, Cooperative, One on One
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Flaws give you character. :P

No that's fine. How much magic do we want? High magic like Wizards and spells or more low magic like the Witcher?
    The final battle,
    Pain, suffering; overcome,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

<3.

I don't have a preference about magic level, so if you do, go for it. My default would be middleish: maybe not much combat magic, but ritual magic, though rare, is reasonably accessible. If one village doesn't have a hedge witch, one of the neighboring villages probably does, and most cities have enough practitioners to have at least an informal association. The city we set our plot in will probably be large enough that it could even have a formal guild, if that would add flavorful spice to the situation.

Random idea: magic is one of the few fields in which practitioners of all races mostly get along. The important traits--knowledge, practical skill, and collegiality--are all easy to judge, so it's closer to a pure meritocracy than most other professions. (Mundane crafts, by contrast, are full of hostile stereotypes like "elven work looks fancy but doesn't last".)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I think that's a good balance. Too much magic would make tracking down bad guys/monsters pretty easy.

I'm thinking of sticking with MC as a shapeshifter as well, perhaps YC tracked MC down thinking it was the Rakshasa? Their motivation for helping out is to get things back to normal so everyone isn't scouring the city for a shapeshifter to stab. Perhaps a bit roguish, swindling and tricking people to get by all while doing the least work possible.
    The final battle,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Hmm. If he's a crook, Rahn would need a really good reason to work with him rather than kill him.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Who better to find a shapeshifter than a shapeshifter? I don't imagine Rahn is very used to the great cities? More of a country folk?
    The final battle,
    by the united.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That makes sense in comic book logic, but I hate it . Unless he were literally essential, Rahn would rather kill him. She's used to flying solo, not to mention stubborn as all get-out. (Also, she's not country folk; a local ally would help her navigate the city's underworld more efficiently, but she could get by without one.) All in all I think I'd prefer that your character be less of an antihero.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Fair enough! Rahn really does seem the harsh type... Hmm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah. She's... not quite a zealot, she isn't closed-minded, but she is a crusader. She's not obnoxious to people who haven't earned it, but she doesn't go out of her way to be pleasant and she has very, very low tolerance for bad behavior. If you want a real challenge, your character could try to lighten her up. (I'm genuinely not sure whether it could be done.) He'd also have to be useful enough for her to put up with, of course .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12