Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Men in Black [OOC]

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Default [M] The Men in Black [OOC]

“Listen, kid,” the man behind the desk, whose features one could not quite make out, took a drag from his cigar, “It’s all real. Magic. Bigfoot. UFO’s with little green men from Mars. All of it. Except, they ain’t green, they ain’t from Mars, and they sure as hell don’t go around picking up rednecks to shove probes up their asses. They’re real, and they pose a serious risk to the greater public. Can you imagine the panic that would ensue if the public found out that UFO’s are extraterrestrial predators with a hankering for human flesh?”

Another drag from his cigar. “That’s where we come in. You, me, and every other schmuck in the Organization. We keep things quiet, the things that the people shouldn’t know about. We cover up the accidents, patch the breaks in the simulation, so to speak. We ain’t in a simulation. We’ve checked.” He said, with the air of someone who’d explained this a dozen hundred times. “We keep the darkness at bay, protect the rest of humanity, and study the supernatural. If you want out, just say so. We can wipe your memory and send you on your way. But if you want in,” he leaned in close, “you’re in ‘till you’re outta this mortal coil.”

It was only after you left his office, training booklet in hand, that you realized he had never once exhaled the smoke from his cigar.

———

Greetings, cadet, and welcome to the Ouroboros Organization! Here you’ll find the greatest source of information on and training against the paranormal threats that plague this world. From exorcisms to Einstein, there’s a manner of metaphysics that suits everyone. Once trained, you’ll be automatically placed in a Mobile Task Force based on your particular skills, background, and personality. Oh, and don’t be afraid if you encounter a non-human operative! We here at the Ouroboros Organization are proud equal-opportunity employers!

Spoiler: The Ouroboros Organization 

Spoiler: What’s Real and What Isn’t - A Handbook to the Paranormal 

Spoiler: Magic 

Spoiler: Character Skeleton 

Spoiler: Mobile Task Force 
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 09-04-2022 at 06:51 PM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Is there a set year this game takes place in? Maybe just the decade?

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

2022!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Going to get cracking on mine this weekend. Might need a little nudge in the Abilities arena, but I think I found inspiration for my character.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Placeholder post.

Spoiler: Character Shiz 
    Last edited by Kiki; 08-31-2022 at 05:22 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    I for the life of me can't remember spoiler coding... if somebody wants to elucidate, that'd be great.
    [hide]
    [hide=Inset spoiler heading here]

Then of course you repeat the hide command with a ‘ in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_Hugger View Post
    2022!
    Great! I didn’t have to change the age a bit. My character is almost as old as yours, just a little over a century younger.

Got a bit more to add to the history section and I will have covered most everything.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Name: Sabine Brazil
    Designation: M-13
    Callsign: Song
    Spoiler: Species: Humanoid - Skin-Walker (yee naaldlooshii) 

Appearance: This intelligent lady has round jet black eyes. Her fine, straight, jet black hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a complex device. She has a lean build. Her skin is a tanned bronze. She has bushy eyebrows. Her wardrobe is dignified and practical, with a lot of black.
    Abilities:
    • Witch - familiar with rituals and spells to shield, collect forensic samples, question spirits, and cleanse a site.
    • Shape-shifter - can transform into animal forms only. Clothing and possessions are not transformed. Keen sense of smell.
    • Forensic Sciences - can collect and process evidence

Spoiler: Skills: 

Clearance Level: 2
    Equipment:

• Ouroboros 13-Round Handgun
    • Level 2 clearance badge
    • Memory Whiteout, 10 doses
    • Sunglasses
    • Willow wand
    • Bandoleer holding several vials
    • IFAK Kit w/ 2 CAT Tourniquets
    • Evidence Collection Kit
    • One pair each of leather and cotton gloves
    • Christian emblem of a lamb on a necklace

Personality: Determined, independent, can act out in defiance.
    Experience Level: Rookie
    Spoiler: History: 
    Last edited by Enigma; 09-01-2022 at 02:52 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRCmdrSheppard View Post
    [hide]
    [hide=Inset spoiler heading here]

Then of course you repeat the hide command with a ‘ in front.
    You're an angel, thank you!

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

In case anyone is confused about experience levels, it goes:

Greenie: Literally brand new. Just finished their training and has been placed into an MTF.
    Rookie: Has been working with their team 6 months to one year, still fairly new
    Agent: 1 to 5 years, has really come into their own as a team member, confident in their abilities
    Operative: 6 to 30 years on the force, truly capable and competent
    Old Guard: 30+ years, has been around for ages and is well-known if not well-respected

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_Hugger View Post
    In case anyone is confused about experience levels, it goes:

Greenie: Literally brand new. Just finished their training and has been placed into an MTF.
    Rookie: Has been working with their team 6 months to one year, still fairly new
    Agent: 1 to 5 years, has really come into their own as a team member, confident in their abilities
    Operative: 6 to 30 years on the force, truly capable and competent
    Old Guard: 30+ years, has been around for ages and is well-known if not well-respected
    Not really sure how much time my character has spent with the organization, I listed her as Old Guard though based on her 300+ years of experience hunting almost exclusively vampires. The major events in her life they have always been there except maybe in WW2, I’ll have to recheck that one. Still got the WW1 section to write. I’ll get to that Sunday evening/night.

Page 1 of 17 123 ... LastLast