Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to The Dreaming [closed to ZeeBat, planning]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi, anime, books
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Want to work more on the power drugs? Since your character is an expert on that stuff it will actually make another interesting tie between them.
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You mean on my characters specialty as a chemist? That will definitely be interesting. I doubt it should work like this, but it would be funny if she could just keep random pills in her pocket and pop them when she needs certain powers. Feels too comical though.

Oooh, but I see what you're talking about. Yes, there could be a tie there. Like imagine some of the stuff Circe created was used on your character. When I'm done reading your bio we can branch of from there and decide what is connected or not.

I'm thinking maybe one of the main serums or drugs or whatever that was created was a super-strength one. Pretty basic, would get a lot of buyers. Basically anyone who has Magic in their genes can take one and have super-strength, as apparently it's an innate ability available to all the Powered. You just have to take it in order to activate it. And since the power technically already belongs to you, it can have longer lasting effects.
    So that's one of them. I will think more on it and edit this post as I go just like you're doing with your bio, lmao. ;p

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lmao but yes I meant more like the second part and maybe working on what our bootleg super soldier serum will be like along with its downsides. Also I don't doubt that the corp my character is held by also uses drugs to control its subjects.

Likely also used runes. Ever play Dragon Age 2?
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope, sorry. I get the concept of runes and the power to control others though. I'm thinking your Corp is a lot like a Hydra and Bucky kind of scenario?

Also I was trying to decide if I wanted Circe to have a brother or sister, and I've decided. She'll have a brother, and he lives with his new wife in the City of Order in the Government District as the family representative for House Durne. So that could pop up with plot since he's in the heart of the government city. I will think of a small bio there too. He's perhaps only a few years older. Maybe my age, 28.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yep a lot like that actually along with taking inspiration from some other stuff that I don't think you've watched.

Nice I was actually wondering if I should give mine any siblings but I'm not sure.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome can't wait to delve into that. Once I know more how your character is being controlled as well as what was done to him, then I can expand more and think of what kind of drugs were created for those situations. ^^

Hmm, maybe. They should probably serve a purpose though.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will work to make this map look better at another time. That's it's own project.
    The above is a Map of the Continent of Oridian.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO CIRCE'S BIO l CLICK HERE TO GO TO KINE'S BIO
    Last edited by Chaotic Cam; 09-04-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Kine

Designation: Experiment: D-R34P3R
    Powers: Superhuman agility, superhuman stamina superhuman durability, superhuman reflexes, superhuman strength, and senses beyond human. Secondary ability; generation and control of electricity to a mild degree.
    Appearance: 5'6, lithe developed body with pale skin and covered in light scars. Sea green eyes that can dilate into cat-like slits in bright light. Messy ash-grey chin-length hair with two cat ears sprouting out of it. His serial project number is branded onto his left shoulder blade along with several runes that have been branded all over his body with ink mixed with daemonite ore. He usually wears durable clothing, favoring black cut-resistant turtle necks and grey cargo pants along with sturdy boots. He prefers to cover the sturdy metal collar around his neck.

Family: Unknown father, mother was a woman named Yagura that sold him off in exchange for some amount*. Maybe I should add siblings?

Plot Stuff:

Kine was sold to [Megacorp] at a young age by his mother after he manifested power despite being a common-born gutter child in the lower levels of the Brass City after being spotted by some of the patrolling enforcers.

He was destined to be just another nameless test subject among many when a new experimental drug they tried on him for little more than a cruel laugh had a very unexpected reaction. It [rushed his weak power beyond anything that should have been possible, on par with even the pureblooded lines, and awoke an entirely separate power. Not something that should have been possible.

When the same drug failed to produce the same results from any other test subject Kine found himself changed from fleshmodding fodder to a valuable project for [Megacorp]. What followed were years and years of painful experiments of all types along with training to hone his abilities into the valuable asset his owners could make use of.

Kine is an expert combatant but the rest of his knowledge is barely passable at best. He has several cat-like traits thanks to fleshmodding experiments done and despite all his power is very dependent on the drugs given to him thanks to the initial drug along with a cocktail of others.

Alright, a preliminary version of the bio sheet.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks awesome! So what's the explanation for the cat-like appearance? Was it an accidental result of a drug gone wrong? Maybe they were trying to unlock genes that had to do with animal-specific abilities, and actually manifesting the physical features was an unexpected side-effect?

Also by the time Circe meets Kine, how is he being controlled? You don't have to go into detail, you can do that in your post. But like what's stopping him from just taking off after he leaves the Continent with Circe?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I will have to edit more info in just didn't want to keep you waiting too long hehe. ^^;

For the cat bits, well it was flesh shaping experiments. I imagine the megacorp also has a side business in beauty treatments for those that can afford it and a darker business in making the powerful's 'servants' look however they want them to look, including more exotic appearances.

By the time they meet he's controlled with a mix of drugs, (the negative effects of his stuff make it so he needs them or his body starts to break down), and runes which I imagine can do more than enhance but also control. Kinda like the imperious curse combined with the dark mark and Loki's staff from the Avengers movie. Also conditioning.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast