Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Child Is This?

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mary, beside herself, said, "Ask him then! If you think he can do a work that can overcome some great animal, like a dragonlizard, you better not take him against his will, what might he do to you?"

The centurion stopped, and looked at the child. He said, "Will you go with us and see if you can stop the huge dragonlizard creature?"

The child said, "Long ago in the beginning, I cast out the dragonserpent from on high with my command, this then cannot resist."

The centurion continued on, with two soldiers who were armed beside him, and the other two soldiers who were armed, one holding the hand of the child to lead him, following after.

Mary said to the two men with her, "We must go along, and look after him, still. We can take him when they let us. But what was that meaning, what he said?"

Her uncle said, "I am sure I don't understand it. It is like he speaks in riddles, without asking anything."

The soldiers led on toward hills outside of this village, along a road that way, so the three of them went on after them.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

There was a turn from the way to the next small town, along way toward a town much further, where the soldiers went with Mary's small child that one soldier still held by the hand.

Mary asked, "Did you really come to our town from Akko?"

One soldier turned to Mary and her husband and her uncle, and said, "We came from the nearest town toward your town. But we detoured around that monstrously huge lizard creature that was along that way, and went around to cross the creek along this way, to avoid it. It is likely still in that same area where we saw it."

Mary looked to the two men with her, behind the soldiers, a worried expression showing on her face. But none of them had a way to take the child from those armed soldiers. Only if the child was released from being held and coming right to her could she turn and go with him, away from there. But now they were drawing closer and closer to some monster.

They passed the creek along the small wooden bridge without rails that went from one side to the other side of that creek, and continued along that way, with a hill on one side that hid some of the view that way. But after they passed the hill, they all saw that monster.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It really was a dragonlizard. The creature was huge, more than six men end to end in length, still much of that was the lizard tail. It was like a monitor, but a bit different, and bigger than any of those ones. The people who came saw it first, and the centurion turned to the little child with them, and asked, "Can you stop that creature and remove it from threatening anyone around here, like you said you could?"

Mary was ready at this point to hear her child say he could not deal with an animal that large, and she would then grab him and run back from there, heedless of the armed soldiers. But her child didn't say that.

"This dragonlizard does not belong here. It was brought here deliberately by an enemy, to be a threat. We may rid this area of this creature, for good. But that will leave the enemy that brought it here, while you don't do anything to find that enemy."

That creature, the dragonlizard, turned and saw the soldiers, with the child and with Mary, her husband, and her uncle. The dragonlizard then came toward them, approaching quickly.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

It really looked like that huge lizard creature would reach them and attack some of them, before they could react, or get away, it was coming so quickly. But the child called out, "You do not belong here! Be gone from here, now, and never bother people or animals here ever again!"

Just like that, the earth cracked open right under that dragonlizard, and it fell right in to it. The earth then gradually shut again much like it was, but evidence there where the crack had formed still showing.

The centurion said, "He did it! Flavius, you were right! This child is a miracle worker!"

Mary said, "Then he did what you brought him here for, I can take him back home with me."

The centurion said, "You sure can. And we will accompany you back there, to be sure of your safety back that way."

Mary's uncle said, "Really, you think you would be the ones who will assure safety?!"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mary already had her child by the hand, and was waiting no more and hurried off with him back that way to go to their small town. Her husband and her uncle, and then the soldiers, turned to go right after them.

Her husband said still, "Yeshua! You said there was the enemy that brought that lizard monster here to where we found it. What enemy were you talking about? How would any find that enemy?"

The child answered as Mary led him on without slowing, "You then have to find who that the soldiers answer to sent them. Then that one needs to be asked about the enemy that would do that."

While still going right after Mary with her child, he turned to glance at the soldiers coming behind. "He says you have to ask the one who sent all of you to our town, what enemy would have brought thar. And even I can tell that was not an animal natural to any of this area."

The centurion answered, "What I really want to know is what is there under the earth, which we were seeing when it cracked open. It was nothing like what I could recognize."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mary's uncle, Baruch, asked, "What did it look like you saw, then? I just saw the beast and was glad it fell in where the earth cracked open."

"There were really straight lines, vertical ones and some horizontal ones."

The child answered, "There are shelves at different levels, with pillars, and there were cages on them."

Mary asked, "What are you talking about, Yeshua? What does that mean?"

He answered, "There are beings and creatures down there kept where they are supposed to stay. The dragonlizard does not belong here where we live in this world, though the enemy had brought it from somewhere else, it will now be left in captivity somewhere down there."

The centurion responded; "What? Animals are kept in there, under the earth? Who would be keeping them, that they live still, captive in cages, down there?"

"That one who does is called Abaddel."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

"Abaddel? I never heard a name like that."

The child said, "The one who sent you has, along with knowing that enemy who sends a creature as adversary here." He turned to look ahead again as Mary went at a good pace to reach the community where their home was. Lysias asked the centurion, "Are you going to ask the Primus Pilus about the enemy this child spoke of?"

"We can tell him to find out, from the one who had him lead us here."

"Oh, someone sent him to send us.""

"Certainly. It was from the top, necessarily."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Once they all entered the community the centurion and the soldiers that had gone with him, and with Mary's child, now turned from them and went toward their quarters near the side of that village. Mary with her husband and uncle were now free to return home with the small child.

Mary's uncle returned to his home which was close by, and as Mary and her husband neared the door of there home, after passing many of the now dead snakes along the street, Mary asked, "Yeshua, if you can do such things as stop any snakes and a monstrous creature from harming people, and have healing come to those who are deathly ill, how did you ever know you could, and what were you meaning with the things you were saying?"

He answered, "The power is the same power you were told would come over you. It was told to you. And anything that is needed is revealed to me. The enemy I know of is still known to the one who sent those men, who brought me for dealing with the animal they faced."

"Who is it?"

"He is called the Vava."

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Mary looked at her husband, and said, "I have never heard of the Vava."

He said, "I have not either."

She said, "Couldn't he just be making stuff up?"

"Do you think he would, after saying he could deal with the dragonlizard, and then doing that like he said he would?"

"Maybe not. But I do not understand what he has actually been saying. It is all confusing."

"He is like those great prophets. He is sent by God, and great things happen from him. Those are to show we are to listen to what the sent one says, that is meant for us."

Mary looked at her child, for they both stood at the doorway to their home, with him inside where he would stay where they could watch him. "Yeshua, we will listen to what you say to us. I promise. But can you say anything more to us about the one you say is the Vava? Should not anyone else be told about that one?"

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Her child answered, "Leaders do know of him, it is not for everyone to know. The Vava comes from the East."

Mary said, "The East? There were men coming from the East years ago, they brought gifts, and they looked around and then found us, with you just born, and they said we were who they looked for. They left the gifts with us, when they had seen you who they came to see."

"Yes, it was in the same East. The Vava came then with a retinue when he heard of this. But a legion of the occupying military here turned him and his retinue away, that they could not come further this way. Soon, the Vava released the great beast from his realm into the country around here, to plague this military."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast