It can be said that war never truly ends. Even though battles may be over, peace is only quiet time before the next battle begins. In some cases, the battle never ceases to stop, even generations later. One thing that separates humans from other beings in the world, is the vicious cycle of war, often caused by humans for their own idealistic goals. It is generally agreed upon that war is a terrible thing, and yet, it’s constantly there. Such is the current state of events in the known world. There is a constant cycle of hatred between four groups of living beings, with no supposed end in sight.
Our story takes place in the town of Ivesburg. A rather large city, abundant with people. It has everything from markets, to peasants and noble families. There is even a lake nearby the city for fishing, and the rather decent climate is fantastic for farming for most of the year. Beyond the farmlands of Ivesburg, lies a large forest to the south known as the Malen Forest.
The Malen Forest is a monstrous forest, filled with creatures available for hunting. People often venture inside to for leisure, and for extra food to hunt, however, the actual size of the forest is not known. It is said the deeper you go, the more dangerous the forest becomes, with stories of people getting lost and never finding their way out. It should also be noted, that many dangerous creatures known as Demons reside in this forest, and one should be careful about venturing too deep into the forest.
Corset is a town located on the eastern side of the Malen Forest. It’s possible to get to this town by following a specific trail within the forest, however, good navigation is required to ensure one does not get lost in the forest. It should also be noted that Corset is a town where Vampires reside. Corset does have a smaller economy than Ivesburg, but similar. Unlike Ivesburg, there are no real social classes among the Vampires, and there isn’t much need for farming.
Kavenhold is a town located on the western side of the Malen Forest, and similar to Corset, it is a town that can be reached by following another specific trail through the forest, if the navigation is there. Likewise, this town is where many Werewolves reside. Similar to Ivesburg, there is a small farmland that exists, although many people in this town will hunt for their food in the wilds and the forest nearby.
Regular humans are most abundant in this world. Generally speaking, if one refers to someone as ‘Human’, they are generally referring to the human as having no Werewolf or Vampire blood within them. Humans are smart at making tools, and are highly organized. Not only are they high in numbers, they are capable of destruction and chaos utilizing their brains and tools, despite not having any sort of Werewolf or Vampire powers. The humans in Ivesburg resent Vampires and Werewolves and Demons alike, and are often told to kill them on sight. Specific Hunters exist, solely for the elimination of said beings. Unlike Vampires and Werewolves, Humans in Ivesburg also have a social class system. Peasants, middle class, and nobles, etc.
Something that regular Humans possess, that Werewolves and Vampires cannot do, is the ability to perform magic. Magic is exceedingly rare in Ivesburg, with the only person in town being able to do so, being a Priest. His followers are taught magic as a part of their teachings, mainly specializing in Healing and Holy Magic. Supposedly Priest Donom’s Healing Magic is so strong, he is able to regrow limbs - for a cost, that is. However, it should be noted that magic cannot be taught to everyone that follows Priest Donom. According to him, if the person’s aptitude is not capable of learning magic, they will never be able to do so, no matter how hard they try.
Humans are also able to breed with Vampires and Werewolves. The chances offspring having the Vampiric/Werewolf Gene is 50/50. No physical proof of half-breeds exist as of yet.
- Able to perform Magic
- Access to a variety of weapons, and even traps to capture Vampires, Werewolves and Demons
- Access to doctors and medicine
- No need to hunt for food/able to purchase items at the market
- No increase in strength or speed from a transformation
- No real healing factor, other than medicine and possibly magic
- Magic is not well known, and is not readily available; exhausts the user
Contrary to belief, Vampires are indeed humans. Although their exact origin is unknown, Vampires are humans that have specific Vampiric Gene within them. Many of the Vampires in Corset, were born the way they are. Although Vampires can eat like regular humans, they have very little need to do so. They can survive by simply devouring and drinking blood of humans and/or animals. Often, Vampires will catch wandering humans within the Malen Forest, or hunt for animals. They can devour meat raw, and can also survive several days without any water or food, although their bodies will generally get weaker until they replenish. They don’t have extraordinary strength compared to regular humans, unless they transmute to their true vampiric form.
In their regular human forms, Vampires are generally more pale skinned (although this isn’t always the case). There often isn’t anything out of the ordinary in terms of their appearance compared to regular humans, so often they may be able to hide in crowds, unless people really study their appearance. Because of this, many Vampires will still refrain from wandering into regular humans, unless they plan to kill them.
In their True Form, Vampires alter not only their appearance, but also their abilities. Generally, some traits all vampires share in their transformation, are their signature fangs, large protruding wings, as well as a more noticeable feral appearance. Often blood flow will increase throughout the body giving a more vascular appearance to the Vampire, and their nails will also grow. Vampires are also able to glide and fly decent distances in this form, and are granted a decent strength boost as well. Some Vampires even gain muscular size after transformation, appearance alterations, and possibly even hair alterations such as colour and/or style. Vampires will transmute to this form in dangerous situations, and to fight.
Transforming costs the Vampire a lot of energy, and they will often be exhausted after being transformed. Because of this, many Vampires will still hunt with a typical weapons such as arrows, crossbows, swords, spears etc for their food and blood. Any injuries will also be healed upon transforming, if the Vampire still has the energy to transform. However, any damage done to the Vampire during the transformed state, will still be present even after their revert. Getting blood or meat in time, will often speed up the Vampiric healing process. Heavy damage such as limbs are also able to grow back, in a few days time if the Vampire is given enough blood and nutrients. It should also be noted that Vampires cannot drink Demon blood, as it is poisonous.
Vampires are also able to breed with Regular Humans and Werewolves. The chances offspring having the Vampiric/Werewolf Gene is 50/50. No physical proof of half-breeds exist as of yet.
- Increased Strength during transformation
- Capable of flight during Transformation
- Able to go for longer period of time without food/only blood needed
- Can heal upon transformation, and by drinking blood to speed up recovery
- Can be harder blend in with crowds
- Silver weapons/items can deal great damage to them
- Transforming can exhaust them, and sometimes leave them incapacitated
- Susceptible to Holy magic. Performing Healing magic on them can also damage them, instead of healing them.
Like Vampires, Werewolves are also humans. Again, likewise, Werewolves are humans born with the Werewolf gene. Their exact origin is unknown as well, but the humans that live in Kavenhold were all born with the gene. Like humans and unlike Vampires, Werewolves need to eat like regular humans. They function the exact same as regular humans in terms of needs for nutrition, however, they are able to eat raw meat in their transformed state. They also do not have any extraordinary strength in their human state, compared to regular humans.
When transformed, their Werewolf state resembles a typical wolf, however, much larger in size, comparable to a horse in terms of sheer size. It can be said if you come across a wolf of this size, you can rest assured it is a human with the Werewolf gene. In this Werewolf state, they are much stronger and able to navigate the wilderness much more agile than in their human state, and cover great distances by running, and getting away from predicaments. They also will typically transform to this state if they need kill larger animals, demons, other humans, and even Vampires. Similar to Vampires, transforming costs energy, and can exhaust if used in excess. Most humans will become naked after transforming, due to the tearing of the clothes during transformation. Should also be noted, they cannot eat Demon flesh, as it will kill them due to the poisonous nature of their blood. Many Werewolves will still hunt in their human state with regular weapons, instead of transforming, as to avoid the hassle unless necessary.
Werewolves are also able to breed with Regular Humans and Vampires. The chances offspring having the Vampiric/Werewolf Gene is 50/50. No physical proof of half-breeds exist as of yet.
- Increased Strength and Speed whilst transformed
- Able to hide in crowds much easier than Vampires to avoid detection
- Can also heal upon transforming, however, not to the extent of Vampires. However, they are able to benefit from Healing Magic
- Cannot speed up healing process by eating (comparable to that of regular humans)
- Transformation can exhaust them, and prove fatal if used in excess
- Cannot regrow limbs
Demons are the absolute abomination of this world. They come in many different sizes and shapes, and most seemingly exist only for the purpose of eating other living things, mainly humans whether they be Vampires or Werewolves. Nobody knows their true origins and how they came to exist, however, they are a common enemy no matter which side you belong to. It is not known if they breed, however, it is generally agreed upon that Demons do spawn somehow. Most of the demons reside in the Malen Forest, and although the lesser demons tend to roam near the tree line, they do get much more sinister and monstrous the deeper into the forest you go. Because of this, many humans (Werewolves and Vampires included), will not go incredibly deep inside.
Rumours as of late, have revealed that something malicious lies in the centre of the forest. Something that could bring the end of all humans living in the surrounding towns. Demons for the most part not sentient, and don’t seem to be organized like Humans. However, occasionally, some Demons capable of speech are seen, although extremely rare. It is unknown why these Demons are capable of speech and thinking comparable to that of a human, however, they are still exterminated by humans. In fact, these demons are so rare, that they are considered rumours.
- Their abilities are incredibly varied; some can regenerate, some can spit poison, some have claws, etc.
- Their appearances and size are also varied
- Stronger than humans, and can also put up a fight against Werewolves and Vampires even in their transformed states, depending on the demon.
- Susceptible to Magic of all kinds
- Steel and Silver weapons is a major weakness
- Majority of them are not intelligent and cannot think to a higher level
Now that the character/lore parts are finished, I can explain the role-play more! This role-play is set in a typical medieval fantasy setting, and is mostly going to be a sandbox style role-play. This means that although there is an overarching plot line for the most part, I am allowing the players to interact with each other as much as possible. Players will be able to create ONE character that belongs to one of the 4 ‘Factions’ so to speak, and we will work from there. For example. The first chapter will revolve around a particular plot point, and the players are free to interact with each other, as long as the plot point for that chapter has been resolved. We rinse and repeat for the next chapter and so on.
The first chapter will be simply revolving around everyone’s characters getting set up in the world, and depending on everyone’s factions, you will have a particular task for your character to accomplish. This will become much more clear in the discussion, and the start of the role-play. Fighting among players is also allowed.
This role-play will be mostly set within Ivesburg, The Malen Forest, Corset, and Kavenhold for now. Depending on your faction, that will be your hometown/place. If you play as a Demon, your character will be Sentient.
1. All Forum Rules Apply
2. This is a rather darker roleplay, so I guess I rate it “m” for all the usual stuff (swearing, some gore, adult themes). Please don't abuse this, and use it as an excuse to swear excessively or be crude or vulgar. I rated it this, to give a bit more freedom with writing.
3. No godmodding. As said before, this is not an RP about fighting, but make the fighting realistic. If your character got hit, make sure you describe they actually got hit and not just shook it off like it was nothing ( a punch to the face does hurt).
4. No having multiple characters
5. No bunnying other characters without permission. However, something I do allow, is for you to bunny my character if you need to (you don’t have to ask me, unless you think it is something out of the ordinary for my character to do).
6. Not really a rule, but please give me critique if you don’t like something. For example, if you guys absolutely hate the whole chapter thing, then please let me know and I will most likely scrap it. With that said, if you have an idea for a chapter or want to have one revolving around your own character or whatever, please let me know.
7. Once again, not really a rule, however, I should note that this roleplay is not based around any existing franchise of the sort. It is simply my own creation.
Your Character Sheet
(Straightforward. A First name and middle or last name (if they have one)).
(Age doesn’t generally doesn't matter in this roleplay. Could play as an old man, middle aged woman, etc. Just have it make sense please. Vampires and Werewolves age the same as regular humans. Demons don't die of old age, only disease and by being killed.)
(If they are Demon, you can write N/A.)
(Vampire, Werewolf, Regular Human, Demon)
(Good description of your character. Picture does not substitute for writing. Describe their Tranformed State as well.)
(Explain their personality. Their traits, habits, how they behave etc.)
(Probably the most important section. Detail anything here, from their origins, social class/status, occupation, family, or anything else that would fit in here.)
(This is OPTIONAL. Not every character uses a weapon, although it is recommended to have one. Pick a basic one for now).
(Does your character know any magic? Make up something basic for now. Only for Humans)
(Anything else you want to add?)
1) Hainer Moradi/Werewolf (J2000)
2) Jora Reade/Werewolf [upscalerat]