Thread: Crisis averted!

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Default Crisis averted!

Potentially the end for RPA.

Due to the increase in domain prices and the general dwindling down of Role-player.net, it has been decided by staff that the site has entered its final period of activation. Please use this time (until the beginning of August 2023) to back up any important or all writing off of the site.

We want to thank you all for your time and commitment to RPA. You are very much welcome to continue writing until the start of next August 2023, however, we cannot guarantee what will happen to the threads after we cancel the domain subscription.

If anyone is committed enough to take over the running of the site and the pay of the site (Please contact Scottie for further information), we are more than happy to discuss with you.

In order to not leave people floating with their writing adventures, we will create a thread in time that will list other safe sites that we recommend going forward to. This thread will be a locked thread that only I will be able to edit. When this thread becomes active, it will only contain site recommendations that have been vetted by staff.

If you have any suggestions, they should be submitted to staff as this allows for safety checks.

Please report any post or private message where anyone invites you to a site not on the staff-approved list. This is to prevent coercion, bullying, grooming of minors and all other kinds of nastiness that we want to protect our members from.

If you have any queries or would like to discuss this further, please do so in the following thread.

ALL rules will remain in action until the site closes or changes hands.
    Last edited by Scottie; 11-08-2022 at 04:58 PM.

March Member of the Month
    Action, adventure, romance, fantasy, horror, and I always like to try new things :)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wow, Scottie, this is heartbreaking... I just checked and I've been on this website for almost exactly eleven years. It'll leave a big gap to fill! But I respect and support your decision in every way of course. This can't be easy for the staff... I think a huge thank you is in order for you and your colleagues for moderating this website so wonderfully for such a long time! I've always felt safe and welcome here thanks to you, and this site has always been a happy place for me. LOTS OF LOVE <3
    I have one question: because you said to report unvetted site invites, do I understand correctly it would also be unfavourable to propose to my current 1x1 partners to connect on Discord, for example? Would you prefer I coordinate a move to a different site with them?
    Thanks again!

Romance
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Its so sad! I'm so sad that this place may be ending! I had so many good memories for my short time here!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Oh damn, this is heartbreaking to say the least.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Oh boy, it has been quite some time since I was active here, but It does make me sad to hear. I hope that a solution is found and everyone manages to continue their roleplaying adventures in whatever form that might take!

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoviDome View Post
    I have one question: because you said to report unvetted site invites, do I understand correctly it would also be unfavourable to propose to my current 1x1 partners to connect on Discord, for example? Would you prefer I coordinate a move to a different site with them?
    Thanks again!
    Connecting on discord is completely alright as long as both parties are comfortable with that. You can totally also move to another site with your current partners! It's entirely up to you.

The only thing I would reiterate is that no one should feel forced into conducting RP's off of the site on an IM service or on another site. We want everyone to still feel safe and happy when writing.

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Bloody tragic. I'm so sorry to hear that, while also completely understanding that running such a website must have costs behind the scenes. Thankyou to all the staff who have kept this place going for so long.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I've got 4 other places I rp at.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRCmdrSheppard View Post
    I've got 4 other places I rp at.
    Where are those?
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

So very sorry to see this announcement.

Mike? You can come out of hiding now.

Glad there's a little time, and you'll have suggestions of where we might go.

Thanks for all the fun times.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast