Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Crisis averted!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

There is already an RPA Discord! PM a staff member if you would like an invite.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I'd actually like an invite to that, if its' ok

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Sent!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was getting on and resetting my password when I saw the news. It makes me sad. This site has been with me for so long (2012). I was 18 years old and almost 30 years old now! What a baby I was, and I have grown so much, thanks to the many friends I created on this site. I began looking back on all my blog posts, badges, and even the RPs I've been involved in, and it has given me a sad sense of nostalgia.

Thank you, Role-player.net, the staff, and fellow roleplayers, for creating a safe space for 18-year-old Halfbreed when she felt like she had no safe space IRL. You have helped shape me into the person I am today.
    "My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style." - Maya Angelou

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

So is Discord the site for where roleplaying will continue? Then the help with money that I heard would be offered for this to continue was not going to be enough? I am in other forums that have ads they continue with, except for paying members that get access skipping the ads. If that would be what it takes to continue roleplaying here, I would rather have that than lose this forum site for roleplaying. If it can't go on anyway I do wait for hearing the recommended site where we can continue what we have, though much will be lost.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyD&D View Post
    So is Discord the site for where roleplaying will continue? Then the help with money that I heard would be offered for this to continue was not going to be enough? I am in other forums that have ads they continue with, except for paying members that get access skipping the ads. If that would be what it takes to continue roleplaying here, I would rather have that than lose this forum site for roleplaying. If it can't go on anyway I do wait for hearing the recommended site where we can continue what we have, though much will be lost.
    I haven't heard much about the crowdfunding/help with money aspect on this either. I'd really like to pitch in and keep this running in some form, but since I'm not an admin I don't know what's being done. IMO it feels like throwing in the towel a bit early, but that's just my own personal opinion. I think my reaction stems from wanting to keep this site going for others, so I match your sentiments.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki View Post
    I haven't heard much about the crowdfunding/help with money aspect on this either. I'd really like to pitch in and keep this running in some form, but since I'm not an admin I don't know what's being done. IMO it feels like throwing in the towel a bit early, but that's just my own personal opinion. I think my reaction stems from wanting to keep this site going for others, so I match your sentiments.
    That's what makes it hard, not knowing what is being done. Should we stay, which I do want to do, with seemingly less of others still here to yet try roleplaying with, until it is really close to that time they said it would be over, unless something changed, or would it be better to find another forum to start at, and let some others we have been involved with know that? It was said to us that we would be told a preferred alternate site to move to with others, but I wait since then for any updates.

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

If this site goes, I think I'm done roleplaying in general, and honestly I haven't roleplayed much at all the past few years. All of the roleplays I started either results in my partner(s) leaving, having something come up in my life, or it never gets started to begin with. Most of the people I recognize are already gone. I don't know.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I have waited for news updating us on the status of this site or direction for us to where we can continue for any roleplaying. Not seeing anything for those things I have now already looked at some places where I might join. I am a faithful roleplayer, it was not me quitting that stopped the threads I had with others to roleplay in, that didn't continue, and I do notice it seems a number of those who might roleplay still are not still here. @Omac; if you were interested in the writing that I would roleplay with I would roleplay with you. And I would go back to things picked up again to go on. Things that interfere do happen. But if we liked how it was working, I think it would be about time for us to think about some other place we could continue with it.
    Last edited by GodlyD&D; 04-05-2023 at 02:04 AM.

Love to do Romance RP.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I am sorry to hear that about this announcement. It is sad to have to say good bye. I had fun writing in roleplay on here. I wish there was another place I could go and have as much fun as I did here.

If anyone could help me out and tell me of some other websites for roleplay please message me about it.

Thank you,
    Kathy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast