Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] The Horror of Habergam House (OOC)

Field Cryptozoologist
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Default [M] The Horror of Habergam House (OOC)

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
    -
    Howard Phillips Lovecraft

A palatial estate, tucked in gardens that come summer would be a verdant maze of hedges and topiaries, spiraling outward from the largest and most ornate marble fountain since the fall of Rome. But now the estate and its grounds were caught fast in the chilled grip of winter, the fountain dry and coated in silvery-white frost, the rows of hedges brittle and blanketed in thick, deep drifts of snow. Ahead, the estate proper loomed in the thick, velvety blackness like a sunrise. Golden light streamed from the many windows, illuminating the path leading to the entrance hall, where already guests were gathering. For a moment, if one was looking particularly closely, they would have noticed a curtain on the uppermost level shift and a shadow flicker out of sight.

---

Good evening, sir or madam. I am afraid I come bearing news of two sorts. Given that the first affects the second, I shall start with it, as terrible as it may be. Lord and Lady Habergam of the Manor of Tarryfordshire have fallen gravely ill. The family physician believes they will not make it to see spring's bloom, may God have mercy on their souls. The second bit of news is of a lighter consideration. The Lord and Lady wish to see their daughters married before they pass on, and are hosting a ball in hopes of finding suitable matches. Invitations have been prepared, but I was instructed to let you know personally that the ball will take place three weeks hence. The Lord and Lady apologize for such giving short notice, but taking into consideration their delicate circumstances, they believe it can be overlooked. We look forward to seeing you there.

Spoiler: The Habergams 

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Guest List 
    Last edited by Yggdrasil_Hugger; 06-14-2023 at 01:02 AM.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Name: Travis Dean Scott

Title: Lord or Constable

Birthplace: Douglas, Scotland. (South of Glasgow).

Residence: Lancaster, England. (North of Blackpool).

Appearance: A decently built man of 6 feet in height with short red hair, Amber eyes, and light stubble.
    Normally wearing a plain shirt, slacks, vest, and paper boy cap.

Personality: He rather kind hearted soul with a will to help others with a smile when possible. He's rather stern at times. Can hardly talk one moment, and then talk your ear off the next. Doesn't usually like formal gatherings, but will make exceptions on occasion.

Talents: Brawling with a mix of boxing and wrestling styles, policing, helpful odd jobs for cheap (Such as felling pesky trees, unlocking accidentally locked doors or replacing them, and the like).

Skills:
    Brawling. A mix of boxing and wrestling, depending on the situation.
    marksmanship. If it uses powder to shoot lead, he likely knows how to use it more effective3ly than the average man, but he's no expert.
    Mechanical tinkering, which has given him some skill in locksmithing, lock picking, and invention by extent.
    athletics. Generally staying fit and strong, and likely getting stronger. But nothing too extreme.
    Cards.

Brief History: As a middle child on a small farm just outside of Douglas, Travis developed a work ethic and a sense of humor of sorts. And due to the nature of the work, and how his mind decided to perceive things, began tinkering in order to make certain jobs easier. He moved out when he was older, and later ended up in Lancaster.

In Lancaster, he made some new friends. And with some unfortunate events of which he was an active participant, he decided to become a constable to help keep the peace in the area. During which time, when he wasn't on duty, or providing another service to a member of the community, he was either relaxing, brawling in some fashion, or tinkering.

More recently, Travis' beloved uncle Thom had passed away, leaving portions of his own sizable estates in Breich Scotland to several of his nephews, Travis being one of many recipients. He was making plans to go and see his new lands when the invitation came. Hesitant to attend at first, but then saw it as an opportunity and decided to go.

Family:
    Father; Martin Scott
    Mother; Abigail Scott
    1st son; Kent Scott
    2nd son; McAlister Scott
    3rd son; Oliver Scott
    1st daughter; Olivia Scott
    4th son; Jackson Scott
    2nd daughter; Martha Scott
    5th son; Travis Scott
    6th son; David Scott
    7th son; Silaice Scott
    3rd daughter; Kayla Scott
    8th son; Fredrick Scott
    9th son; Connor Scott
    4th daughter; Gretta Scott

Friends:
    Ben Havick (Chemist) [Sometimes work together on some mechanically based ideas]
    Johnathan Fredrick (fellow Constable)
    Ethan Hole, shipwright

Rivals: John Avery, covertly hostile at times. Mr. Avery is a criminal, and one whom Travis Scott has helped lock up more than once.
    John Avery has attempted, or at least threatened murder. He tends to go after rather high stakes heists.

Reputation: Though perhaps a bit odd at times, and hardly being a model citizen, he has a reputation befitting a man desiring to do good with a helpful spirit. On duty, or off, he's done his best to keep Lancaster safe, and has earned the hearts of a few others through his cheap and ready helping hands. Far from perfect, he has earned respect from the community at large, though maybe not everyone.

Goals: creativity, wonder, freedom, and love. Travis wishes to be known for something good. Besides his interesting ideas that he hopes would make life easier, he also wishes to help others and keep them safe. Though he finds what he's looking for by patrolling the streets of Lancaster, at heart, his true desire is to be of use.
    [/hide]
    Last edited by Highland Sniper; 06-14-2023 at 01:54 AM.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

As familiar as I am with HP Lovecraft, I am not familiar with the time period.
    Time to do some good ol fashion history homework lmao

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Ooh yes! I’ll work on a CS!
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Field Cryptozoologist
    I do a bit of everything, but I'm always down for a good horror or high fantasy plot
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Glad to have you!
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/MJKETshMQ8yXopEM8</a>

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Spoiler: Caroline of Hanover 

I can edit this if we're going for hyper-realistic so I'm not so blatantly mucking about with the Georgian blood line.
    Last edited by Hannelorian; 06-12-2023 at 12:44 AM.

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Ah, perfect!

And as far as realism goes, characters just need to be believable. I'm not adhering to any censuses.

The Grey Lady
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Woohoo!

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil_Hugger View Post
    And as far as realism goes, characters just need to be believable. I'm not adhering to any censuses.
    Okay. Pimp chimpin
    I was about to breakout the Encyclopedia Britannica for this one lmao

Field Cryptozoologist
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Lol

Tarryfordshire isn’t even a real place

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast