Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Rise Again [Closed to Chaotic Cam and Zeebat]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucifer sighed at Michael's outburst. He had always been so dramatic. He watched as Michael attempted to summon his wings, and while he did they were but a pitiful picture of their former self. Lucifer tsked, shaking his head in mock sympathy (and pushing down any thoughts of actual sympathy). He reached out towards the shadow, a small sun appearing in his hand, and watched as the shadow melted away, and left nothing but a silhouette of a broken man.

"You see the truth, brother? You are but a shadow of a shadow. Glory turned dim and stuffed inside a human fleshbag. Do you know why he's abandoned you? Why he's cast you out without a word? I can tell you why. It's because he finally realizes what a disappointment you are. How you've failed him all these years. You may have cast me out of Heaven, dear brother, but you never cast me out of humanity," he hissed, egging him on.

"I whispered in their ears all the way from the bowels of hell. I caressed their hearts as I made my home within them, feeding off their forbidden desires. I delivered delicious warmth to their bodies as they committed acts of sin. I whispered in their minds, reassuring them that if it felt so good, it couldn't be bad." He chuckled, before falling dead serious. "And where, Michael, were you? Surely in our father's absence the fate of this world rested with you? His Right Hand," he spit out mockingly. "But no, you hid just like he did. You allowed the humans to corrupt themselves - for it was not just me that destroyed humanity. No, I just unlocked what was already there. But it was you who allowed me to. You could have stopped me, Michael, but you didn't. You're a failure, and you could never truly cast me out."

Lucifer had already predicted what Michael would do. After all, he'd been purposely pushing his buttons. In a flash his hand was raised, throwing Michael against the wall and gluing him there. The more he talked the more he longed for a fight. If Michael would not accept his new reality, Lucifer would force the truth upon him. Prince of Lies he may be, but he would not allow Michael to deafen his own ears. He had fallen. Perhaps not for the reasons that Lucifer's poisonous tongue spoke of, but he had still fallen nonetheless. And, despite all that had happened, once upon an eternity he had cared for Michael, had seen him as his own brother. In fact, above all, he and Michael had been the closest of the angels. But that had been eons ago, long before Man and Eden. So for now, all Lucifer could do was give him the mercy of life. After all, he reasoned to himself, Michael may prove useful in ways he hadn't thought about.

"I am stronger than you right now, Michael. I know you can tell. I am stronger, and you are weak and outnumbered. So cease this fight, and help me reclaim our home. Help me get back at He who cast you down, without even a word as to why. Join my fight, or you shall once more know my wrath."

Fantasy, Sci-fi, anime, books
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Straining against the power that held him, Michael growled, enraged but unable to break the hold as his caged power fought to lash out. He couldn't even manifest right now, the only tool he had was the vessel he was inhabiting. It was obvious that in this he lost out to his former sibling, despite the comparative age of their vessels. Lucifer somehow still had his power, even though he should have been bound to the Pit with the seals.

“I haven't Fallen! I've been his loyal son ever since creation and followed orders dutifully.” The archangel snarled. “The Lord ordered that Heaven withdraw from the mortal world until Judgement. Unlike you, I actually listen to His commands and do not presume that I know better.”

That, and the Archangel of Annihilation didn't really care for humanity. It made no sense to him why they were always granted second chances. If they wiped themselves out thanks to their stupidity, then all the better for the world. There was no reason for angels to waste their time on Earth unless they were getting rid of the occasional demon encroachment.

“Besides, who would trust you Serpent? Our siblings suffered, and the Host was rent asunder thanks to you! I still remember what you did Satan.”

Even after so many millennia, the scars from their fight still ached. Michael had been saved by God, but He had not healed the scars on his back. Perhaps it was a reminder, perhaps it was a warning… Whatever the case was, Michael had trusted once before and was repaid with his wings almost torn from his back.
    The Guide to the Underzee. | Praise be to Scree. | Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.

Marvel, Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucifer's rage continued to boil over with every word, and he squeezed his hand until he was blocking Michael's airflow. What did Michael know of suffering? He'd never burned for an eternity, damned to the hell he would find to be his new home, forced to suffer through it so he could better understand it. How the beautiful halls of Heaven would never again grace his eyes, instead replaced by fire and screams. He had never wanted it. Any of it. He had only wished for his father to understand what he already knew: the humans weren't worth it. Lucifer had only proved it, and had been punished for showing the truth.

"Suffered?" he hissed, eyes burning with hate. "What do you know of suffering, brother? Do you truly still mourn for your broken wing? Is that where such pettiness derives? You've never known loss. Not true loss." Lucifer scoffed, before turning his back to Michael and ascending the steps. He paused then, a smirk on his lips. "Well, not until now."

Sitting back on his throne, Lucifer locked his eyes with Michael's as the archangel's arms were taken ahold of and chained. "You'll see the truth eventually, Michael. How he left you. How he left all of us. He no longer deserves our love." Lucifer spat. "He's been absent, Michael. Even you cannot deny that. He's been absent... and it's time for someone else to take over."

"Take him to the cellar," Lucifer commanded. "Perhaps some good old fashioned torture might open his mind to the truth. After all, human flesh is so weak... and you don't look like you'll take long to break."

"Come with me," Beelzebub ordered, huffing as he realized it would be fruitless to drag him all the way. Instead, Beelzebub snorted, one of his huge hands taking a hold of Michael's nape. He squeezed, raising the angel off the floor until he promptly passed out. It would be too easy to kill him now, Beelzebub thought, imagining himself choking the life out of an archangel - vessel or not. But he had to a job to do, and that was not it.

He walked through the halls, the angel slung over his shoulder until he stopped beside a door. He opened it, peering down into the pitch black. Without any regard for his safety, Beelzebub then dropped the angel down the stairs, before walking down after him. Picking the angel up, he then fastened new chains to his wrists, chains that were bolted to the wall. Beelzebub so wanted to mark his flesh. He wondered what his blood would taste like... Alora came towards him then, snacking on some doritos and raising an eyebrow as if to say, what are you still doing here? Rolling his eyes, Beelzebub left, leaving the witch to his work.
    Last edited by Chaotic Cam; 03-20-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12