Thread: RPA Memories! (Let's Discuss)

Demonic Princess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default RPA Memories! (Let's Discuss)

I am here stealing this idea from Kiki!~ (Yeah I can admit that I snag this amazing idea) but this is going to be formatted with some questions that I want everyone to take time and reflect and answer on. Without further ado, feel free to answer these questions or just post your favorite RPA memory. Feel free to share anything and everything you love about this site.

What brought you to RPA?
    What is your favorite part of RPA?
    What memory is the first that comes to your mind when you think about RPA?
    Who is your favorite user and why? (I know, it's me, we can all admit to this. //jokes; )
    What is one thing you miss about RPA?
    What is your fondest memory of RPA?
    Last edited by Miss Devil; 03-28-2023 at 09:28 PM.

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I am going to preface this that I was crying through writing most of this. Because that is just what RPA means to me.

Okay I might as well start this thread off first, I have been here since/before/and during the great migrations (if you know, you know). RPA was such a weird home for me when I was younger, and honestly I look back at those times very fondly. I don't know who I would be today without a lot of the older site members, some who have left the site, others who pop in now and again. And I will say this, you all have become a part of me. To those who were here during the migrations and those of you who came many years later, you've all touched a part of my life without realizing it.

I was a kid, no joke seriously was a child, who was immature, unsure, and still finding my footing in this world. When I joined the original site back in 08/09, I got to see and meet so many amazing people. And I can say that from the get go, that you are all some crazy, talented individuals. From the crazy downtown clown, to our sites infamous red suited man, to queen of downtown herself, I can say that without a doubt the way you have all left this impacted me that has an ever-lasting impression.

The downtown wars, the crazy attempts of take overs that happened left and right (seriously downtown used to be a crazy posting warzone, you didn't truly know who was king/queen of the downtown but there was always someone aiming for the title). You never knew what was going to happen. From the bar fights, to the lovely pink lounge, conversation was flowing, and friendships bloomed. So many friendships, though some of them no longer are active here, I hope that if they do ever return and they see this thread that they know that I still think and view them as friends.

Like seriously, some of y'all don't know the amount of people I have seen come and go, but they still mattered and they still created beautiful things. I really do miss a lot of them, but I know they are all in probably much better places, being just as creative as I know they can be. I really do love you all from the bottom of my heart.

And the staff that have come and gone, most of the newer users wouldn't even know them by name. Some of whom I will be super honest I wasn't a fan of. I can admit that I was also a big brat at times. I am seriously surprised I didn't get completely yeeted and deleted from some of the things that I said, which I will admit I was dumb, and I should have been more understanding. I just don't see this site without the impact y'all have all made. The time, countless of thankless hours, that you have all contributed to this site does not go unnoticed. From it's original staff to now, I want you to know that I really appreciate everything you have all done for RPA and for the growth this community has had over it's very long-life span.

I have to many memories that have touched me and have impacted me that I feel almost at a loss of words. I could go on and on about each user as I think about them, but I probably should keep short and sweet. Once again, I wanna thank all you guys for being here, for creating, for making memories, and being an inspiration to others to write.

New Forum Person

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I came across RPA while looking for online communities where I could participate in text based RPGs.
    My favorite part of RPA is the community. Everyone is very welcoming and supportive of each other and I love being able to collaborate with other creatives.
    The first memory that comes to mind when I think of RPA is when I joined my first RPG. I was nervous and didn't know what to expect, but the other users were so friendly and helpful that I quickly felt at home.
    It's hard to pick just one favorite user because everyone brings something unique and valuable to the community.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

What brought you to RPA?
    Anne Bonny. She sniped me from another site.

The people.

The Badgers.

Who is your favorite user and why?
    There's so many, but maybe Nazgul and the mystery of the yellow thong.

The people.

There's too many.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

New Forum Person

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the people in the RPA is the most important thing for most users.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Ah yes, memories, so much drama and best RP's I ever had the time to be a part of. Sadly most of them were never completed lol. But that was the best part was to see the interesting characters everyone makes. What made me wanted to RP was I liked to type, it became a habit and I had a wild imagination of stories going on. Now I see what is going, I will continue to imagine those stories. So I found RPA by google lol and when it brought me here, I was so nervous, I didn't know how to say hi. But I observed, learned and read interesting stories everyone had going. Now I see most of my friends are gone and I see familiar names are still here, dedicated to the very end. I will miss this site, I will miss people's stories...I will miss my stories. My greatest RP was with Dakkagor, I pitched a story line with him to how to get a new story going and thus...Galactic Empires was born. The best story I was ever a part of. I will miss this and everything else.

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What brought you to RPA? I honestly don't remember tbh as it was so long ago.
    What is your favorite part of RPA? The deep discussions that people are always willing to have in the OOC sections. I like talking the big questions, considering I'm not a fan of small talk.
    What memory is the first that comes to your mind when you think about RPA? My first interest check. It had Hunger Games listed and then it turned into years of related RP's.
    Who is your favorite user and why? Zulera, but mostly because of the amount of RP's we did together. Are they even still here?
    What is one thing you miss about RPA? Not having much time to RP here anymore :(
    What is your fondest memory of RPA? Spending many hours writing and plotting with Zulera. We literally created an entire Hunger Games AU with countless head canons.

Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

What brought you to RPA?
    Google.
    Community
    Usually remembering that I need to post.
    Who is your favorite user and why?
    I don't want to play favorites.
    The Rep Machine
    Nothing really comes to mind, but there's a lot of time for something to happen.
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."