Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Serendipitous Contract [M] [Hoef x MD]

Demonic Princess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Default The Serendipitous Contract [M] [Hoef x MD]

This thread is rated M, reasons will be added I swear.

Plot: The fourth daughter, the illegitimate child of King Reginald, is sent off on a political marriage to their enemy country to stop the bloodshed between the two nations and to bring peace. In the eyes of the foreign nation, they do not know of her origins.

When she lays eyes on her husband-to-be, she proposes a contractual marriage. With her goal to settle down and run a farm, will she be able to escape the clutches of matrimony? (Basically, what my first post is going to be)

Spoiler: CS for Princess 

I forgot to ask in the recruitment thread, so I am going to ask here, Hoef do you prefer a more detailed character sheet or something more generic? This will help me determine how in depth to go on the CS before we start the IC thread.

Also threw in a little plot bubble because I like to keep track of plots xD
    Last edited by Miss Devil; 06-02-2023 at 07:11 PM.

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Devil View Post
    I forgot to ask in the recruitment thread, so I am going to ask here, Hoef do you prefer a more detailed character sheet or something more generic? This will help me determine how in depth to go on the CS before we start the IC thread.

Also threw in a little plot bubble because I like to keep track of plots xD
    A more detailed character sheet would be preferable, because some of my own ideas are going to be long plays for sure xD

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Sounds good. I should have CS done sometime today, if not today Monday at the latest. (I am going to Ren Faire on Sunday)

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Big Bets
    Also, enjoy that Ren Faire!

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Also in terms of who should start the IC thread, would you like to do it or shall I?

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Your post will begin with her arriving in the country yes?
    Saw that you do in fact start by having her arrive in the enemy country.

I could start with establishing the setting of the enemy nation giving you a stronger establishing post.
    Last edited by Dire Hoef; 05-27-2023 at 03:25 PM.

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

That honestly would work best for me.

Also some questions I think need to be hammered out before I can get started on the CS:

What kind of conflict is happening between the two nations that is leading to this peace agreement? Is my home country blocking trade routes? Is his country trying to take over the world/known world? I need to know what lead into him giving away his illegitimate daughter.

In terms of politics, are we going with a regular Monarchy, or would you prefer more of an Aristocracy? Just want to understand the structure of power of the nations and having it established earlier helps.

That's all I can think of right now in terms of questions that need to be hammered out. If anything else comes up while working on the CS I will let you know~

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Devil View Post
    What kind of conflict is happening between the two nations that is leading to this peace agreement? Is my home country blocking trade routes? Is his country trying to take over the world/known world? I need to know what lead into him giving away his illegitimate daughter.

In terms of politics, are we going with a regular Monarchy, or would you prefer more of an Aristocracy? Just want to understand the structure of power of the nations and having it established earlier helps.
    Well lets answers these questions sequential order:
    1. The Godking, as we'll call him, arose from an unknown fiefdom that was once a part of thriving kingdom. He and some of his closest subjects, wielding unknown power, carved a swathe in the land. This carving disrupted political stability in the region. Several fiefdoms and smaller kingdoms were desolated in the onslaught. This war came King Reginald's doorstep, and he fought against the Godking only to have his armies be decimated by his rumored powers. Seeing that he can do nothing against this demigod-like individual, he sold his illegitimate daughter in hopes of placating the Godking and sparing his lands from the terror of his wrath.
    2. I was thinking more of an absolute monarchy, where power rests solely with him.

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Hoef View Post
    Well lets answers these questions sequential order:
    1. The Godking, as we'll call him, arose from an unknown fiefdom that was once a part of thriving kingdom. He and some of his closest subjects, wielding unknown power, carved a swathe in the land. This carving disrupted political stability in the region. Several fiefdoms and smaller kingdoms were desolated in the onslaught. This war came King Reginald's doorstep, and he fought against the Godking only to have his armies be decimated by his rumored powers. Seeing that he can do nothing against this demigod-like individual, he sold his illegitimate daughter in hopes of placating the Godking and sparing his lands from the terror of his wrath.
    2. I was thinking more of an absolute monarchy, where power rests solely with him.
    Thanks for answering my questions!~

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Glad to be of service!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast