Thread: Looking for 1x1 RP!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Looking for 1x1 RP!!

Heyo! I’m finally getting around to posting a 1x1 ad, just in time for… *checks watch*

...halfway through Memorial Day weekend… yikes.

Anyways, procrastination aside, I’m looking for some writing partners! First of all, here’s what I’m not looking for; if you are strict on sentence/paragraph minimums, or if you like very serious, no-nonsense writing, that’s valid, but I am not likely to be a good match. Even in serious stories, there are moments where I’d be likely to crack an out-of-dialogue joke (or maybe even in-dialogue, if I’m feeling spicy.) Sometimes there are moments in an RP where characters are just talking, and I think enforcing a very strict paragraph minimum encourages people to fluff up writing without really saying much more than they otherwise would be in those moments. That said, in more important or story-driving moments, it would be nice if you’d write more than just a sentence or two. Other than that, don’t be a jerk and we’ll probably mesh well with our RP.

Still here? Dope! As far as plots go, I’m somewhat bare-bones. I like having character concepts and the first little bit of exposition, but in my opinion it’s more fun to screw around and find out how the full story goes by writing it! Here’s a couple ideas I’ve been brewing up, but I’d love to hear some of your ideas!

• Two rival players of the same game (it could be a video game, or some competitive board/card game like chess or Go or poker) find out that they both are moving to the same city. Maybe they decide to start studying their game together once a week, or decide to become roommates, or any number of other thing bring them together. Friendship and/or a relationship ensues(?)
    • Superhero/villain RP set in the future. The governments of the world have long disbanded, and society is held together by heroes and vigilantes given superpowers by genetic enhancement. Each of us would be playing at least a hero and the other player’s villain nemesis.
    • The gods have made a new world. Unbeknownst to its people, the gods also hid magical potential in members of each of its races. The revelation of this magic comes from an interaction between our characters, one of them being the first to unleash this magical potential. (The world is a high fantasy world with standard fantasy races. Nothing much to see here.)
    All of these plots can include romance, but don’t have to. I’d also be willing to play a fandom RP centered on any of the following: Homestuck, Magic: the Gathering, Yugioh, Steven Universe, or Pokemon.

If you’re interested in any of the above, or have a plot idea of your own to pitch, feel free to send me a PM or reply to this post! Thanks for the read, and I hope to see you in an RP!
    Poets often use many words to say a simple thing.
    It takes thought and time and rhyme to make a poem sing.
    With music and words I've been playing,
    for you I've written a song.
    To be sure that you know what I'm saying, I'll translate as I go along...

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Romance// Fantasy// Mafia// Medieval// MxM// Bxb//
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

• Superhero/villain RP set in the future. The governments of the world have long disbanded, and society is held together by heroes and vigilantes given superpowers by genetic enhancement. Each of us would be playing at least a hero and the other player’s villain nemesis.
    On this one, do you have a ship limit? Like do you only do gxb or bxb? Ect

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yu-Gi-Oh! sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how that would work.
    There'd also need to be rules, because if there wasn't somebody could have a 40 card deck with 10 Trap Masters and 6 sets of Exodia.
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

• The gods have made a new world. Unbeknownst to its people, the gods also hid magical potential in members of each of its races. The revelation of this magic comes from an interaction between our characters, one of them being the first to unleash this magical potential. (The world is a high fantasy world with standard fantasy races. Nothing much to see here.)

This one sounds fun if you're still looking?