Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Reality (Interest Check)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Default Alternate Reality (Interest Check)

This world was a normal place. No magic, no princesses stuck up in towers with dragons guarding them and no creepy vampires watching teenager girls sleep. Was, I say, because one day this all very much changed.

It's hard to pinpoint when or where exactly the first Appearance was.

There may not have even been witnesses to it at the time.

But out of the blue, the world had changed. The mundane had become the magcal, but not out of gradual evolution, but a sudden tear in our reality, in space and time.

People started reporting fictional characters and items popping up out of nowhere - a granny appeared on TV claiming she saw The Road Runner outside her carehome, a janitor called the police when Bart Simpson allegedly popped up in a school, and someone had anonymously handed the police a lightsaber - and controversies started brewing.

At first the governments of the world were in denial, but as this phenomenon is steadily growing out of hand and more anecdotes are popping up, it's harder to deny that our reality has changed.

Roles

Original characters - people of this world, either:

People trying to cover the phenomenon up,

People outside of the government who'll experience this phenomenon.

Canon characters who show up in this reality. (Any fandom, but they might have to get nerfed if their powers are too absurdly, well... powerful.)

Rules

Ask to join with the roles and what fictional character(s) you'll be joining as.

Please wait to have your characters accepted.

Try to join as both original and existing characters, if possible.

Only one person can play the same fictional character. However, if a player becomes inactive, the fictional character becomes available to play once more.

Violence and cussing allowed.

No godmodding, no Mary Sue/Gary Stus, no controlling characters other people play and no killing without permission.

You don't need a profile for your canon character, but you do for your original character.

Please be respectful to each other outside of the role(s) you're playing.

Finally, all RPA rules apply too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The Hunter from Marvel's Midnight Suns.
    The Bounty Hunter from High on Life.
    The Fateless One from the Kingdoms of Amalur.
    May do an original government agent. What is the technology level of this world?
    Last edited by KRCmdrSheppard; 06-21-2023 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRCmdrSheppard View Post
    The Hunter from Marvel's Midnight Suns.
    The Bounty Hunter from High on Life.
    The Fateless One from the Kingdoms of Amalur.
    May do an original government agent. What is the technology level of this world?
    I was thinking about the roleplay taking place in modern times, so today's technology.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyPhantom View Post
    I was thinking about the roleplay taking place in modern times, so today's technology.
    There goes one idea I had, well part of an idea.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

This reminds me of a similar idea I saw on another RP site, in which fictional characters suddenly appear in our world, some perfectly peaceful, but others not so much.

Spoiler: More details, if you're curious... 

In any case, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this!
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Celeste View Post
    This reminds me of a similar idea I saw on another RP site, in which fictional characters suddenly appear in our world, some perfectly peaceful, but others not so much.

Spoiler: More details, if you're curious... 

In any case, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this!
    It wasn't posted on RPN by a user called Seabiscuit, was it? Because if so, I am Seabiscuit on that site.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I am interested in this. How are you with inclusion of a character from LOTR Middle Earth?

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyPhantom View Post
    It wasn't posted on RPN by a user called Seabiscuit, was it? Because if so, I am Seabiscuit on that site.
    The one I mentioned was written by someone else a couple of years ago, but it was indeed on RPN. (The name was “Transgressions”, if you’re curious.)
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyD&D View Post
    I am interested in this. How are you with inclusion of a character from LOTR Middle Earth?
    I'm fine with it. It's been a long while since I watched Lord of the Rings though.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I am really ready to move on to this, if you will have a thread for it ready really soon, if it can involve me role-playing the character I will have in it. For Lord of the Rings, I had read the books, on several occasions, before having seen the movies for it. I thought of roleplay from this as it involved my favorite reading material. And there was a lot more in the books, besides the phenomenal writing. I could roleplay one of several characters from it, but there is more to pick from for that in the books, Tom Bombadil is one who is never mentioned in the successful movie sequence, but who I think would be great to play, besides one of the hobbits, or Aragorn, Gandalf, or one of the elves, that might be picked for role-playing. Let me know about the thread for this alternate reality having the role-playing starting soon, that I can prepare, that I would also be involved with soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast