Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trident 3

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Default Trident 3

Beit Al Mamlouka Courtyard, Damascus, Syria, 23:14 Local Time

Carter and Owen sat at the table, one could say talking through a variety of hand signals. On the table sat several rolled maps and two small glasses of brandy.
    Owen picked up his glass, taking a sip then checking his watch. He set down his glass and signed to Carter, then began unrolling a map.
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk, action
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Kay, or rather, Doc, leaned against the wall as he napped, his riffle in hand.
    It had been a busy day, and a hot one too, and with another op coming up he really needed to catch some shut eye before they headed out.

Their next target was Farid Al-Razzaq who was supposed to be at a small compound. Another day, another mission, another compound, another head.
    He was starting to wonder why he decided to join NSS when the military did just about the same thing, only the NSS were contractors. He could have just went back into active service... Na. the NSS was a little more lax, and didn't answer directly to the US government, which meant they had a little more leeway on a few things and could go on certain missions and still claim plausible deniability.

At least he wasn't board. The work did keep him busy. It payed well. And boy was it exciting. Never wanting for a thrill when death was always around the corner. And if he was honest with himself, he almost enjoyed it sometimes.

But for now, he would sleep.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.
    The motto give: fortiorum fortia facta (made stronger and braver)

I say, let us all be fortiorum fortia facta.

Spoiler: I'm an Ajin! 

Spoiler: extra 

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Nathaniel, otherwise known as Shellshock, was quietly doing inventory of his weapons and ordinances. He made sure that his fifteen pounders were set aside from his twenty pounders, and his thirty pounders were primed and timed for when shit became red hot. Though he knew they weren't going to need most of it.

They were dealing with yet another arab who got too big for their briches. No civvies killed, and no plus ones. 'Typical NSS maneuver.'

He saw who was present for this mission. Hunter, Mantis, and Doc. A colorful cast of operators whose accolades speak for themselves. Nathaniel only read their profiles, what little there was of them, and didn't know any of them personally. He hadn't been here long, and wasn't exactly buddy-buddy with any of them. But he was aware that since it was just the four of them, teamwork was going to make the dream work.

So he turned back to finishing up his inventory check; keeping his ears open for dismissal.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Owen stood up and looked at either operator, "I hope you're listening. Close to 2,500 meters in the LM. From there, close to 1,000 meters on foot. At that point, the timer starts. Our maximum time from that point to the entry of the compound is 180 seconds. When we enter the compound, we will move to the playground next to the building to set up a position to take out any armed hostiles that may come out to try to end us. While that's happening, Shock will move to the generator hut and set charges with a remote detonator on the generators. When the outdoor hostiles are taken care of, we move to the main building front door. The charges are then detonated, the door kicked open and a hexbanger will be thrown in, we will use the disorientation that the hexbanger causes to gain entry to the building, move up the stairs and down the hall to the master bedroom which is the suspected location of the target. Terminate the target, photograph the body, exit the building, figure out what's going on with the other hut and stop it, then we leave, return to the LM and return here. I recommend NODs or thermal optics. Are there any questions, comments or concerns from either of you?"
    Last edited by omgLYNX; 07-29-2023 at 06:15 AM.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

When Hunter ran over the gameplan, Nathaniel took stock of their place and his place. He'd be moving separately, but congruently, to eliminate the generator powering the place. Simple enough. "Looks like I'm only going to need my fifteen pounders.. Good. Keeps me light."

Then came time for questions and concerns, and considering that he was fresh to the scene he wanted to make sure of something. "I only got one question," he spoke crossing his arms, "How bright do you want the fireworks to be?" As it stands, he's carrying four fifteen pounders. He didn't want to mimic the same guys they're putting down.

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Awake at this time, Doc looked over the game plan. Everything seemed to make sense, more or less standard. Nothing the wasn't unexpected for something like this.

"I assume I'm bringing up the rear?" He asked.

He normally did. Didn't want the medic getting shot before everyone else.
    Stark, the name given to my ancestor for a feat of bravery. It means Strength, or Strong.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

"Explosives will need to be bright enough to cause and instantaneous loss of power. As for formation, I'll need Doc up with me and Carter because your 5.56 has more range than .300 Blackout, so Shellshock will be on rear security for this one.
    One last thing. If you don't know Vietnamese, you have about and hour and a half to learn it as it will be the language we will be using this particular op. English could hint at who employs us and that could be bad. So, I guess you guys should get some reading done and meet at the vehicle at 00:45. So, is that enough or is there anything else either of you can think of?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

1988 Lamborghini LM002, 3km and closing to insertion, 01:21 Local Time

The truck was enveloped in darkness. The black color rendering the vehicle almost invisible against the nighttime landscape. In the distance were two points of light, the operation area.
    Carter turned the car slightly to the right, reaching forward for the handbrake.
    The truck slowed to a stop behind a very conveniently placed boulder, and the doors opened. Owen looked back to the other two occupants, "Gear up and move out."
    Owen walked to the back of the truck to the bed and pulled out his plate carrier, which he then put on. A rifle holster holding his Mossberg was placed on his back, and he picked up his M21 from the bed of the truck. He pointed the rifle at the ground, projecting a red circle on the ground.
    He then began walking forward, toward the two lights in the distance, "Đi thôi."

Wolf of the Highlands
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Doc gets out and gets his gear on, sliding into his plate carrier and locking it in place before double checking his pack and slapping it on his back before retrieving his rifle and making sure a round was chambered before looking over and nodding.

As they move along to the target area, he stays close to the front, keeping an eye out for any movement.

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

While the rest of the team moves in to take out the target, Nate splintered off to go handle the power. His trek was a little more than theirs as his destination was in a separate area of the compound. Playing safety was not his strong suit per-se, but he wasn't opposed to making sure the team wasn't killed or discovered before they actually completed the objective.

So he moved along his line, keeping low to the ground and having his Honey Badger at low-ready. He thought about what kind of display he was going to put on for these desert-thumpers, but he put that aside as the compound gradually came into view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast