Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DAYS AFTER〔M〕〔IC〕「Hoef & MidKnight」

Giga Onion
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Darius took the sucker-punch.

He knew that he wasn't bullshitting with bring it up. Though once the punch was delivered and the stinging pain subsided, he turned back to Jade who's trauma started to lurk back into the foreground. His eyes squinted at that and said, "No. Chancy doesn't know. And I'd like it to stay that way." He turned and glanced over at his team, and sighed. "They don't need to know either." His eyes locked with hers, and the two shared a common understanding. "The Arctic dies with us.."

"We do have to deal with it," he said as she begun to change the subject, "Just...not now." He looked back over at Christy who was now shadow-boxing Rodriguez. He gave a small smile and came back to Jade saying, "I don't see anything too out of the ordinary, outside of her unhealthy obession with protecting you while wounded. I'll never understand that one." He lightened the mood with a few quick jabs.

He crossed his arms, looking over Jade with some manner of tension. "Do you suspect something I don't see?"

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She looked at the crew once more before returning her attention to the Captain. "Well I did saved her ass from being skewered." She relaxed in the bed and looked at the PDA on her bed. Still waiting to be read like a unused newspaper. She realized her armor, weapons and gear was gone. No doubt it was secured by the others to make sure it wouldn't be stolen by anyone else. "Also I heard women dig scars...sooo." She brushed her hair back behind her ear. "I'll try and not draw too much attention." She joked with a chuckle. "I....I'll talk to her about it, maybe she can ease up a little." She takes a deep breath and exhales slowly while looking at the PDA.

"This though." She picked up the PDA and looked at Darius, "We will talk about this later...just..." She shook her head, "Give me time to gather my thoughts on it first."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Darius refused to dig into Jade. He dumped a lot on her in such short order. He understood how she must feel at this moment, but there were far more pressing things on his mind. The Captain turned away from her and sighed, "We've got some downtime, so take it to think." His expression hardened, and he rubbed the back of his head realizing how heavy all this was. He didn't really like talking about it either.. In fact, those same images flashed in his mind. He never forgot, and he'll never forgive.

"Later Jade," was all he said as he left. After he left, he grabbed Rodriguez and Karmichael. This left Christy to step back into the room finding her place by Jade.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She watched the Captain walked out and left with Karmichael and Rodriguez. She notices Christy walking back in the room and so, Jade takes the PDA and placed it underneath the pillow. She brushed her hair back behind her ears and waited. Relaxing back in the bed and felt her head still a bit dazed.

She smiled when she sees Christy and looked at her. "So you been keeping guard duty on me?" She asked, "Making sure I don't go turning or straying around?" She chuckled softly, for a moment of silence, she broke it. "If this is what happened on the field and roles were reversed. I would feel the same way." She felt nervous though and looked at her fingers "If you're looking for a return favor, I'm sure a couple of ration cards for a nice dinner here would be nice." She looked around the room, "Hospital food hasn't improved since the last time I was here and I'll be here for a couple of days."

Giga Onion
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

"Well, somebody's got to cover your ass," Christy playfully jeered. She chuckled along with Jade, but her smile dissolved a little when the silence came. Thankfully, Jade broke it with some idle topics. She wasn't all too great at small talk, especially when it came to awkward situations like this. So Christy did her best to help Jade steer the conversation.

"I'm not really looking for something like that. All I want from you is to get better, and come with me to the next Spring Event. You told me no the last time because some family drama came up a week or two before. I went alone the last time, and it was soooo boring Jade. PLEASE, PLEASE, come with me to the Spring Event! I'll make it your worth while I swear it up and down!" She had gotten on her knees, and was very exaggerated with her pleading; the entire gesture carrying so much energy.

☣ ☣ ☣

Darius had taken Karmichael and Rodriguez to the St. Louis Public Library, which had been turned into the St. Louis Research Center. Here, Darius told the two men to scour the public records and reports concerning marauder movements. Rodriguez looked at his Captain with some manner of concern, but Darius only shot him a look that had him stand down. As a result, the three men spent the next several hours diving through a sea of documentation that was riddle with whirlpools.

Darius' whole plan with this venture was to figure out what the marauders were doing. The previous mission only really opened his eyes to the tactical intelligence of such warbands. So, he wanted to make sure that what he heard and saw wasn't a fluke. There had to have been someone pulling the strings on those barbarians.

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

She kept a smirk on her face when the woman started pleading and begging Jade to go the Event with her. She can't remember the last time she went to the Spring Event because each time she wanted to go, her father would act more foolish with his drinking binge. Through out the time, she noticed his behavior was down to a minimum. Usually she had to wrestle with her father in order to confiscate the alcohol from his hands. Lately she would find him passing out in places of the house. Kitchen, living room, basement and several times in the bathroom by the toilet.

She takes in a deep breath and sighs softly, looking back at Christy with the smile of a child on her face. "You better win something for me." She said and relaxes back in her bed. Her thoughts ran back to the spear, she remembered seeing Christy's back and giving her shove and looking at the Marauder but her face caught the spear instead. She reaches up slowly and touched the bandage on her face, she could feel the wound tensing up as she gently presses it. It suddenly stung like a bee after that. "Ouch." She said with a hiss. "Dammit, I hate being here." She looked around the room. The hospital smell made her feel...alienated.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345