Thread: How to use the "Forum Runner" App.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Default How to use the "Forum Runner" App.

As of the year 2012, RPA has joined many sites that are working under the "Forum Runner" app. which allows a much more smooth tapping to the mobile surfing experience (also making us fancy).

The App. has two versions, one which costs $1.99 to install and a free version which is of course, more limited.

I have made this "quick first run" guide to help those who have decided to get it. Use this thread to ask questions in addition if you feel some inforamtion is lacking.

So, first of all, a quick set up, download the App. (yes, mind the hebrew, it was snapped directly from my phone)

After you're done installing and opening it you will reach the next menu. Choose "Search Forums"

Your key words to find us is "Roleplay Adventures" (we will appear as the top first option), please click us.

From here you are in the main menu of the site where you can pretty much scroll, log in (notice that "log in" also serves as "log out") and lurk about (check your threads subscription, personal profile, who's online, Private Message and so on).
    Please notice, however, that the Visitor Messages along with some other full site functions will not be available on this app. However it's faster to load on mobile and really easy to work. Sending Messages is much more joy on this App for example too.

One of the buttons (depends on which mobile you are using) will enable you to save your "Favorites" site which enable you to quickly check them in this menu. (It should have a "star" like icon)

Hope this helped

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy; Sci-fi; Dark Fantasy; Adventure; Mature;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Wow... What does the free one is limited?
    "May the great Twelve have mercy on us all," - Marius, Inquisitor of the Crown

Spoiler: Random stuff 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I know that the free app. doesn't allow you to reply, only to view, but I'm not sure about the other restrictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hate to revive an old thread, but I've just tried again to use the forum runner app since its getting a little frustrating to zoom in on every link on my mobile before I can click it. So, I have the paid version of forum runner, but it seems that it isn't supported on my phone (Galaxy s6 edge), as there is no reply button, no favorite button, but I can quote people! Also on the home screen, the buttons are half off the screen.

I frequently use Tapatalk, however, and was wondering about the possibility of having it here? I've used it on an old forum that I was the admin of, and it was simply to install a plug in and play with a few settings, but that was a long time ago. I've no idea about now.

Just an inquiry, not a demand.

“It's so easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.”

.x. Bone Sister of Whimsical Wail .x.