Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1649

Thread: [M] Penitence

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

plan looks good to me, thats the grouping Tomas would sign of on.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Okay, the next post will put everyone in position and have shit happen, and it is currently #2 on my to-do list after a TitV post for AD. Though if people want to freeform things like the sneaking through the crematorium / the traps in the hospital before I get round to it then I of course won't stop them.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Okay guys, there you go. I've deliberately skipped over a few bits, which you can fill in or not as you choose. A few helpful notes:

The team can attempt to disable the traps at the front and back doors, or just leave them.

If you want Ella to read the footprints on the stairs more closely, she'll get a nasty shock from the memory imprint, but she'll be able to positively identify Arcolin's recent presence.

If the team check out the mezzanine, the rooms behind the shutters will have been cleared out, but inside one they will find Arcolin's hideout. PM Kardar for its contents.

The stairs will indeed be easier than roping up another lift-shaft (apart from the physical effort of climbing, naturally). However, more booby traps have been rigged on several of the flights. Ella will pull people back if they miss the trip-wires or the laser dots shining through the dust, as the recently touched items will stand out to her. Again, they can be disarmed or simply left alone.

If Vizkop focuses on the distant building instead of the hospital, he might catch further glimpses of someone moving out there. It's not a Nebula - it's someone wrapped in a long flak coat with bandages protecting their hands and a visor and balaclava shielding their face. They are scanning the area with binoculars.

I'll let you get creative with how to get past the bomb on the roof.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I'm tempted to try writing some Glabrio-on-trap action. :P

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    I'm tempted to try writing some Glabrio-on-trap action. :P
    Anything to show Glabrio being good with his hands, huh? =p

Nullifying some of those traps may not be a bad idea.

I'm thinking most of the stairwell traps should be disabled, as a precaution if/when we need to make a rapid withdrawal from the roof so we don't accidentally blow ourselves up on the way out. However it may not hurt to leave and re-arm that one trip mine behind the door, in case someone decides to be clever and flank us, which also applies to those entrance nail bombs as a counter-counter-ambusher deterrent. We're not likely to leave that way, and if we do, we'll hardly need to be sneaky at that point and those bombs should be simple enough to blow in place.

I suppose the other question is whether we want to have Ella do a reading on those footprints and who'll go and check out Arcolin's lair. I'm thinking Kally +1 on the latter option, in case that guy's left even more flect amongst his stuff.

June MotM 2014
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Anything to show Glabrio being good with his hands, huh? =p
    I restrained from saying "hot sweaty Glabrio-on-trap action." So, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by PaintSerf View Post
    Nullifying some of those traps may not be a bad idea.

I'm thinking most of the stairwell traps should be disabled, as a precaution if/when we need to make a rapid withdrawal from the roof so we don't accidentally blow ourselves up on the way out. However it may not hurt to leave and re-arm that one trip mine behind the door, in case someone decides to be clever and flank us, which also applies to those entrance nail bombs as a counter-counter-ambusher deterrent. We're not likely to leave that way, and if we do, we'll hardly need to be sneaky at that point and those bombs should be simple enough to blow in place.

I suppose the other question is whether we want to have Ella do a reading on those footprints and who'll go and check out Arcolin's lair. I'm thinking Kally +1 on the latter option, in case that guy's left even more flect amongst his stuff.
    What I was thinking of doing was to disarm the nail bombs at the entrance, so we'd have a safe route if anything went south. Have Glabrio disarm all the "primitive" traps on the stair, and have Ella "help" him with the more complex ones: laser tripped for example. Maybe even saving him from triggering one. Kally could rearm some of those traps as necessary (if we are expecting reinforcement), having two team members working on those traps would save time.

Edit: Fuck. I just realized I'm going to be at Supernova (Australian version of Comic-Con) over the weekend. So I'm gone again for the next few days, if you guys need Glabrio I'm fine with you guys controlling him, again.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 04-08-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

What I was thinking of doing was to disarm the nail bombs at the entrance, so we'd have a safe route if anything went south. Have Glabrio disarm all the "primitive" traps on the stair, and have Ella "help" him with the more complex ones: laser tripped for example. Maybe even saving him from triggering one. Kally could rearm some of those traps as necessary (if we are expecting reinforcement), having two team members working on those traps would save time.
    My thought for keeping the entrance bombs intact is that if Arcolin has reinforcements, we've got some options on exfiltration aside from a linear run to the entrance, for instance: Dosi can bring in the gunship for a roof extraction, and with our repelling kit we can escape from an upper floor under cover from our over watch teams - depending on whether or not they're under attack, of course.

If we are forced to make an exit through the entrance, we should be able to trigger those bombs from a distance - say by hurling a grenade at them from the mezzanine, and keeping a whole lot of building between us and the detonation. That's absolutely a worst case scenario, though. This is all hypothetical contingency, but unless Arcolin has a much superior quality force than we've seen so far, normal human or mutie cultists would be as hindered by the traps as us - which helps us by buying time.

Edit: Fuck. I just realized I'm going to be at Supernova (Australian version of Comic-Con) over the weekend. So I'm gone again for the next few days, if you guys need Glabrio I'm fine with you guys controlling him, again.
    Firstly: NERD!

Secondly: Have fun, Jarms, and acquire all the con swag.

Thirdly: It seems this weekend we've got a few of our people occupied by real life, as Dakka mentioned in Treasures he'll be away for the weekend as well. While much less enjoyable than the Aussie Comic-Con, I'll be cranking out my taxes so I'm not expecting much in the way in progress on my end - other than chipping away at Merle being a bastard and earning the girl's beat down.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

do we have thos rope climbing winches? I saw in a movie once, you hook it to a rope, and it pulls you up.

The elevator shaft, are the cables still good?

Spoiler: Things I like 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    do we have thos rope climbing winches? I saw in a movie once, you hook it to a rope, and it pulls you up.
    Read the post again - that's precisely how the team got up.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I'll be honest, I hadn't read it when I asked that

But that wasn't what I meant either, although it did feel cool to play batman.

What I meant was like, a handle with a motor and wheels that you can cook on to an existing cord, and ride it up like an elevator. The cord remains still, it is you that simply moves up. I know i saw it in a movie somewhere.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 115 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65113114115116117 ... LastLast