Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345654 ... LastLast

Thread: Galactic Empires II [M]

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Shush I know that I was prodding him to post his character. Wonder if we'll see a member of the Datsun clan.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Death of Korzan View Post
    Cicero was born into the world by the 51st Sentinax Alpha-Unit, named "Triumph" after the destruction and re-application of the Charkess species and their homeworld of Chardon, now rechristened 163.
    I love how Sentinax history is just one long list of expansionist wars and casual genocides. How is the Concert friends with these people? Do they not know?
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Big Meme
    Bedford, Bedfordshire (Uni) / Wickford, Essex
    Fantasy; Science Fiction; Superheroes; Coming-of-Age; Supernatural Drama.
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Hahah who knows man xD

Hell Knight of RPA
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I think they do know, since the Concert Powers continue to spy on one another.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Julian

It's been a while, but let's give this a shot!

Name: Julian

Species: Sentinax

Appearance: Julian can manifest himself as a hologram almost anywhere on the ship. He can also take control of drones if he needs to operate any physical equipment.
    Spoiler: Julian 

Department: Engineering

Role and Rank (if any): Advanced shipboard AI

Personal Equipment: N/A

Character Strengths:
    Julian has one of the more advanced sets of code ever to come out of a server farm, and his multitasking capabilities are of the highest caliber. He can perform over 100 different operations simultaneously without sacrificing operating speed, and can make advanced calculations to the 20th decimal in a millisecond. In addition, rarely has Julian met something guarded by code that he couldn't hack through, and as living code he can even overwrite programing with himself in order to take control of machines.

Character Weaknesses:
    Because he is such an advanced AI, Julian's code cannot be supported on any device other than the shipboard computer specifically designed to house himself. As such he cannot technically leave the ship. He can project himself onto other portable communications devices and pilot drones outside of the ship, but if communication is impossible he cannot maintain this control.

Julian spent a great deal of time working on the Elcano and correcting mistakes he felt would impede the ship. As a result he has difficulty in trusting the work of organic beings, and feels compelled to constantly check their work. This can lead to strained relations between himself and his fellow crew mates, though he does his best to control this impulse.

What they hope to find:
    Being a string of numbers floating in a hard drive, Julian can have a hard time understanding organic beings. He hopes this venture will provide a greater understanding of them.

What they hope to achieve in the New Galaxy:
    The established Galaxy is well and truly colonized by this point, with not many planets left for the Sentinax to convert into server worlds. Julian hopes to find new planets, inhospitable to the other members of the Concert, that the Sentinax can expand too.

Bio:
    Julian was one of the individuals responsible for the induction of the Sentinax to the Concert. He was intrigued by concept of an organic being, and felt that much more information could be gained by studying them in a peaceful environment. Not only that, but he felt that if war ensued between the Sentinax and the Concert, the Sentinax would almost certainly win, and in so doing wipe out a large amount of organic life in the galaxy. Julian felt surprisingly strong about the immorality of such a pass, and felt that a peaceful cooperation between the two was a much better way. In the years since the war Julian has served as an ambassador between the Sentinax and the other members of the Concert. He championed the Elcano project, and was instrumental in it's design. He helped pick the officers for the mission, leaving them to pick their own subordinates. When the Elcano was completed, Julian uploaded himself completely into the ship's computer, severing his connections to his home world completely. Organic beings, while fascinating, are flawed creatures and even among the other Sentinax there are few whom Julian trusted to the mission more than himself.

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I mean I would imagine its the technological aspect of having good relations with them that helps. Also probably the social aspect of "Who are we to tell this entire species that they cannot live in their preferred environment." Haha, also most of the species the Sentinax have repurposed werent discovered by the broader Concert, so its sort of like not known damage. I would also imagine that the extent of it isnt properly known, not to say each of their worlds was a homeworld for some greatly intelligent species, many of them were just barren worlds with precursor tech upon it.

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redgar View Post
    It's been a while, but let's give this a shot!

Name: Julian

Species: Sentinax

Appearance: Julian can manifest himself as a hologram almost anywhere on the ship. He can also take control of drones if he needs to operate any physical equipment.
    Spoiler: Julian 

Department: Engineering

Role and Rank (if any): Advanced shipboard AI

Personal Equipment: N/A

Character Strengths:
    Julian has one of the more advanced sets of code ever to come out of a server farm, and his multitasking capabilities are of the highest caliber. He can perform over 100 different operations simultaneously without sacrificing operating speed, and can make advanced calculations to the 20th decimal in a millisecond. In addition, rarely has Julian met something guarded by code that he couldn't hack through, and as living code he can even overwrite programing with himself in order to take control of machines.

Character Weaknesses:
    Because he is such an advanced AI, Julian's code cannot be supported on any device other than the shipboard computer specifically designed to house himself. As such he cannot technically leave the ship. He can project himself onto other portable communications devices and pilot drones outside of the ship, but if communication is impossible he cannot maintain this control.

Julian spent a great deal of time working on the Elcano and correcting mistakes he felt would impede the ship. As a result he has difficulty in trusting the work of organic beings, and feels compelled to constantly check their work. This can lead to strained relations between himself and his fellow crew mates, though he does his best to control this impulse.

What they hope to find:
    Being a string of numbers floating in a hard drive, Julian can have a hard time understanding organic beings. He hopes this venture will provide a greater understanding of them.

What they hope to achieve in the New Galaxy:
    The established Galaxy is well and truly colonized by this point, with not many planets left for the Sentinax to convert into server worlds. Julian hopes to find new planets, inhospitable to the other members of the Concert, that the Sentinax can expand too.

Bio:
    Julian was one of the individuals responsible for the induction of the Sentinax to the Concert. He was intrigued by concept of an organic being, and felt that much more information could be gained by studying them in a peaceful environment. Not only that, but he felt that if war ensued between the Sentinax and the Concert, the Sentinax would almost certainly win, and in so doing wipe out a large amount of organic life in the galaxy. Julian felt surprisingly strong about the immorality of such a pass, and felt that a peaceful cooperation between the two was a much better way. In the years since the war Julian has served as an ambassador between the Sentinax and the other members of the Concert. He championed the Elcano project, and was instrumental in it's design. He helped pick the officers for the mission, leaving them to pick their own subordinates. When the Elcano was completed, Julian uploaded himself completely into the ship's computer, severing his connections to his home world completely. Organic beings, while fascinating, are flawed creatures and even among the other Sentinax there are few whom Julian trusted to the mission more than himself.
    Hey! Im not the GM of the rp, but I did create the Sentinax and figured I would point out some things to help out with your sheet.

So for a start, being a Sentinax without a body would make him an Omega-Unit. Now Omega-Units aren't given names as there are billions of them, and they are all there to complete really the same job. They all have free will of course, but they tend to serve the Betas and Alphas with nigh on religious loyalty.

At the same time, an Omega Unit would certainly not be the one to spearhead such a joint operation. If anything, one of the other Alpha Units under Birth, or one of Birth's Champions, being Echo or Primordus would have done so, as Omega Units whilst being intrinsic to the Servers, aren't used as diplomats but more internal engineers and logistics experts.

Another point is that Birth wouldn't let an incredibly advanced Omega Unit leave Sentinax Space, as there are other pressing concerns to the secretive race, such as border skirmishes with minor Empires who the Sentinax know hold many artefacts, and attempts at expanding Sentinax understanding of the Precursors. Following that, severing yourself from the Servers as a Sentinax is akin to being cast out of society. There are quite a few Omega Units aboard the vessel I would imagine, but they are all still connected to the Bornstellar Server. However, cutting Julian off from the rest of the Servers would make him just as bad as Ironsides from GE1 in all Sentinax eyes, as whilst they have free will he would be seen as turning against the one who gave him life, the God Machine.

Outside of Sentinax stuff, the Milky Way is still very much a frontier, with most of the Galaxy still open for colonisation! Altogether the concert only holds around two thousand worlds, whilst there are millions!

Hope this helps! This misinformation is mainly my fault as I need to write up the Sentinax abstract on the Galactic Empires doc where the others are x.x, so right now its a lot of guesswork haha. ALSO, again I am not DM so it isn't of course my jurisdiction, I just thought I would point it out as in the last game it got a bit ridiculous at one point haha!

Sorry for the double post!

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Do Alpha / Beta units always have humanoid bodies then, or might one embody something bigger (like a ship)?

Quote Originally Posted by Death of Korzan View Post
    Following that, severing yourself from the Servers as a Sentinax is akin to being cast out of society. There are quite a few Omega Units aboard the vessel I would imagine, but they are all still connected to the Bornstellar Server. However, cutting Julian off from the rest of the Servers would make him just as bad as Ironsides from GE1 in all Sentinax eyes, as whilst they have free will he would be seen as turning against the one who gave him life, the God Machine.
    Question: if they’re going to another galaxy, far beyond the capabilities of any Concert race without the Gate, wouldn’t all the Sentinax on board be at least temporarily out of comms range and thus severed from the Servers anyway? Perhaps Julian is acting as something like their local server hub while they’re away?
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Big Meme
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

An Alpha Unit is essentially a massive supercomputer. They govern entire solar systems, and they can be uploaded into a Sentinax combat form, though it has never been seen. Beta Unit is the name given to the head consciousness governing a physical form, though those forms are always usually humanoid forms. For instance, Primordus was the primary conscience in his body, but he had multiple unnamed Omega Units making their homes inside to help with logistics and monitory practices.

Also that makes sense, as they would be further out of Server reaches than known, I just assumed that by cutting himself off by anything but the Elcano he was therefore cutting himself off from the Servers!
    Last edited by Death of Korzan; 02-01-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Do Alpha / Beta units always have humanoid bodies then, or might one embody something bigger (like a ship)?

Question: if they’re going to another galaxy, far beyond the capabilities of any Concert race without the Gate, wouldn’t all the Sentinax on board be at least temporarily out of comms range and thus severed from the Servers anyway? Perhaps Julian is acting as something like their local server hub while they’re away?
    That is actually what I was going for with this. Julian probably did have a body before this, but he's downloaded the entirety of himself onto the ship, so essentially the ship is his body. He's definitely an alpha.

Also Korzan is there a place where I can get more in depth details on the Sentinax?
    Last edited by redgar; 02-01-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2345654 ... LastLast