Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Glowing Mushrooms (Music contest - Every Sunday)

The Scottish Fluff
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Default Blue Glowing Mushrooms (Music contest - Every Sunday)

Your feet leave the plush green grass of the forest. Gone is the gentle whisper of a floral breeze that caressed your skin. In its stead is golden, almost white sand and the salty chill of the sea. No longer are you in the forest, but instead, you find yourself at the water's edge. The open sea before your feet and the dark night sky above you.

The stars twinkle at you as you glance skyward. For a brief moment, you think there is a pattern to their twinkle. A small shake of your head and you are brought away from such silly thoughts. Your gaze returns to the beach. The occasional broken sea shell litters the sand before you, almost in a path. No. Not another silly thought. Well, maybe. The shells do appear to be in a strange formation. Leading you away from the water's edge and towards a rocky outcrop of small pools of water.

As you walk along the path of the shells, you spot something strange on the rocks. Sitting right on the very edge of the rocks by the water is something. At first glance, it appears to be a large lump of seaweed, twisted to almost look human like. You feel compelled to wander closer. The seaweed creature moves and with a sharp movement of the water, a head and associated torso came up from the water of the tide pool.

"Dangity dang." The voice rings through the silence like a melody of times long past. The mermaid shook her head violently, water droplets flying around her and splattering onto the sand. The mane of dark hair popped with almost comedic timing back into thick waves as if it were never truly wet. The mermaid appeared to be leaning her upper body into the water of the tide pools. Bracing both hands against the edge of the pool nearest to her, she readied herself to try again but your footsteps snapped her attention to you.

"Ah. Newcomer." She happily stretched out her arms and wriggled her fingers. Her skin was a deep emerald colour, scales kissed her body and she wore what appeared to be a top of dark brown seaweed. "Please I beg of you. I beseech you, newcomer! I need a melody." With every step closer, you see that the pool that she is looking into is not any ordinary pool, a scene seems to be happening on the reflection of the water.

"I cannot truly enjoy the star's gift. I can't hear what they are saying. I need a melody that fits with the pool's tale." She wriggled her fingers over the top of the water. "Surely you know of something fitting."

The mermaid requires your assistance! She needs a song (any genre including instrumental) that fits with the scene happening in the tide pool. The scene will change every week on Sunday at 4pm GMT.

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Week One - 1st October 

Spoiler: Week Two - 8th October 

Spoiler: Week Three - 15th October 

Spoiler: Week Four - 22nd October 
    Last edited by Scottie; 10-22-2023 at 07:04 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Week 1 - the ethereal joy of finding someone you thought was dead

Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Week 2 - the tension and terror of realising it’s not them at all

Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Week one -

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Week two -

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Week 1:

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Week 2:

The Moonlight Knight
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Week 1

The Moonlight Knight
    Medieval Fantasy, Magical Worlds