Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Shades of Grey - Recruitment and OOC

The Last Remembrancer
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

The combination of Adonis level pretty boy and hardened gang-land killer in Hadrak Elsa is my surprise favourite character concept. I think Sarna might end up with a pretty huge crush going on there.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hell, I think I'm going to end up with a bit of a crush going on there!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Plasma pistol it is!

It's going to have a very baroque style to it

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Okay I've come up with this guy. If there's anything that needs to be changed let me know.

Name: Abner Able

Position / rank: Field Agent/Explicator

Appearance:

5’10”, lean and wiry. Abner still has the unhealthy pallor of a hiver even after many years away from his homeworld.

Personality: Sarcastic and occasionally crude in conversation, Abner is intelligent and resourceful. Many would comment that he is aloof and lacks empathy which is somewhat ironic considering the nature of his abilities. The truth is that Abner has felt more than a hundred people might feel in their entire lives, having plumbed the depths of scores of psyches, from jaded spire princes to hyper-aggressive pit slaves. Abner has felt the love a mother has for her child, the twisted release a serial killer knows as he takes a life and countless other thoughts, dreams and emotions besides. Some are warm and comforting, others dark and disturbing, and he carries them all inside his head. He has built a wall around himself as a defence mechanism.

Weapons:

Snub-nose Stub Revolver: Compact and easily concealable, this revolver packs a surprising punch in a small package. Abner loads it with powerful amputator shells to ensure maximum damage.

Switchblade: Pried from the grip of a dead Heidrunite ganger, Abner has carried this weapon since his earliest days in the underhive. Beautifully crafted with a carved bone handle and a six inch blade.

Other: Khaki jumpsuit and combat boots, floral shirt, worn leather gloves, lock picking equipment, fashionable photovisor.

Psychic Abilities: Abner is an unsanctioned psyker with low level telepathic powers. Abner’s particular ability is known as Haptic Telepathy, meaning that he must make physical contact with the subject in order to gain information from them. A fleeting touch might result in Abner learning the subject’s immediate intentions and surface emotions while extended contact could reveal their earliest memories and darkest secrets. It is difficult for a subject to resist the attentions of a haptic telepath as there is no mind probe as such, the ability is innate and information is transferred to the psyker more or less instantaneously. Abner has also demonstrated minor psyniscient abilities although these generally manifest involuntarily.

Background: Abner Able was born into the depths of Heidrun Primaris, a dying, continent spanning Hive in Ultima Segmentum. Having been abandoned mere months after his birth he grew up feral, miraculously surviving within the hellish architecture of the underhive. Abner did not speak his first words until he was seven or eight years old. He ran with gangs, stealing, deceiving and sometimes even killing to survive.

Abner’s powers began to manifest as he reached puberty and while at first the ability to learn a person’s thoughts and emotions was unsettling, frightening even, and he learned many things a child should not, he soon put his new talents to use. He became an excellent con-man and thief. He swindled countless people in card games, a fleeting touch or a handshake giving him insight into their psychology or revealing their prefered method of play, and stole from wealthy traders, knowing the codes to their security systems and the locations of their most prized possessions. Soon Abner had developed a reputation for being able to find people who wished to remain hidden and his skills were in great demand with the gangs and tribes of the underhive. At one point he found himself employed by a particularly powerful and paranoid gang leader, who used his abilities to determine which of his lieutenants were plotting against him and which were loyal. At first he was well paid and well treated but when it became clear that Abner’s talent for detecting lies was unnatural he began to witness the fear and disgust that many Imperial citizens have for psykers first hand. He was imprisoned in a small cell and brutalised on a daily basis. This, of course was a mistake. When a particularly bloody plot cropped up, Abner simply allowed it to pass. The gang leader was murdered and in the ensuing chaos Abner managed to slip away, securing passage off-world.

Abner floated from port to port for years, travelling the length of Ultima Segmentum and eventually entering Segmentum Obscurus. It was here that he fell in with a group of mercenaries known as the Hanged Men and worked with them as an advisor and interrogator although he remained an outsider. Abner came into contact with Inquisitor Lucullis when he hired the Hanged Men to assist in the destruction of a smuggling ring operating out of a wilderness zone in Obscurus. With the conclusion of the operation Lucullis offered Abner a position in his organisation and he has been there ever since.
    Last edited by Felwether; 04-06-2016 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Better character pic.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I like him; accepted. Based on my plans, I think he will have the most fun with Strike Team Aegia.

Ironically, there will be a guy they meet who has very similar abilities to him...

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Accepted! I'll assign him to strike team Aegia, and if he's a former sergeant then he might be the team leader.

Also, because you're Elizabeth Stark, I'm going to use grey as your quote colour.
    Gonna be taking me outta my comfort zone if so. Though I can rise to the challenge.

& thanks for the grey. It's perfect. ;D

----

As far as crushing on Hadrak goes, have fun you two. @ Az & dakk

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

was that a GoT reference?

The Last Remembrancer
    Modern times or Sci-Fi games.
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cfavano View Post
    was that a GoT reference?
    Nah, it was a rebuild of evangelion reference

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

I never got into Evangelion. I read the first manga book and it was like meh to me.

I heard someone made a good tabletop game of it called Adeptus Evangelion.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I was actually thinking the GoT Starks, but if it works in another sense too then...go me, I guess?

That CS coming, Cf?

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast