Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: [M] The Throne of Gods: Memories of Divinity - IC

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Sitting Lunae continued to drink the tea with little care for the other Gods and Goddesses around him. For as far back as he could remember he never really had anything to do with the world of the Gods. he just put his all into his craft. Other than the deities that came to him requesting a weapon made for them he never got involved.

Moriteva the god of life asked him a question, and this immediately caught his attention. He never thought that God would take him up on his offer, He always fought with his shield, and never once agreed to have a weapon made. It was funny to Lunae that he would ask him now rather than…

Lunae was confused. Why did he think that? This God and him never knew one another. Yet he knew this God’s fighting style, and the fact that he wondered why he had never asked for a weapon in the past. Why would he think that? Looking down at the tea cup for a moment he was confused about all of this. This was not the first time in the short time he had been in this group that he had had the feeling that he knew some of these people better than he did. His mind constantly remembered things that couldn’t have happened.

Shaking his head and returning his gaze to the God of life he had a confused look on his face. He just stared at God for just a moment. Wondering what he was missing. Yet the time for him to ask questions was not now. He didn’t even know where to begin. Shaking his head he decided to ignore this for now.

“I did. You did rescue me. So what is it you would like?” Lunes said as he listened to what the God had to say. Listening to his request. He thought about the request and knew he would be able to do it.

“I can make a set of gauntlets that you would be able to use your powers with. The only thing I would need is a sample of your powers.” Lunae said as he opened a small portal that led into his forge. Pulling out a clear stone the size of a softball. Then handed the stone to the god. “Just channel a bit of your power into the stone, and I will use it to make your weapon.” Lunes said as the question of how his weapons had a will of their own.

He was willing to tell the God, but it will have to be away from the others. He didn’t want everyone to know the answer. He also wanted to ask the god a couple of questions. He was about to offer to take him to his forge to talk. However, the group was interrupted with the arrival of a member of the Charred. He didn’t say a word since this still had nothing to do with him. He was unfortunately grouped with these people for now. Even though he had some lingering thoughts he needed to find the answers to.

He looked to the god, and smiled slightly as he handed the empty cup to him. “Once you are ready, I can answer your question. Just bring the stone to me once you are done. Then we can talk. I also have a question I wish to ask you as well.” Lunae said as he then left the fire and returned to the wall he was once leaning against. He really didn’t want to get involved with the newcomer.

The Grey Lady
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The point Santav had made was one not lost on Marette, in fact, it was rather a point that infuriated her. What did time matter to those down in the wretched depths of hell? The notion alone was enough to put a twisted smile on her face as she glowered at the leader of the Charred. Marette did not like to be challenged, she detested it, and given a better position she may have taken Santav to task, but no. Now was not the time and this was not the place. The group of deities needed the Charred and their assistance. Or at the very least their cover, a further veil in the darkness. But it was much to Marette's surprise when Atrophos was the first to speak. That voice so direct, so casual almost in his confession. The answer Santav had been looking for in the first place.

Marette looking at her fellow deities took several steps forward toward Santav and bowed her head deeply. "Atrophos, our dear, dear God of Decay is right. And please forgive me for my deception." Marette's words rang sincere, even she knew when she was wrong and had to eat dirt as it were. "It is difficult to know who to trust when one is in their greatest our of need. Indeed, most of us were taken prisoner, and falsely judged by Minos under the orders of the Duchess. However, we were rescued." Marette turned to look nigh on lovingly at Moriteva before turning her attention back to Santav.

"And now we seek a place to rest, briefly and safe passage to our destination, Averas. However, we are acutely aware of the danger this poses to you and your people. To harbor fugitives from the Duchess is a dangerous game, and we will move on immediately if you wish to do so. It is our last desire to bring the wrath of pain upon you." Honesty, that was Marette's usual game and here she was practically ready to hold a dagger to her own neck for her lies, and how she had betrayed herself above all. "We are well meaning, and most curious." Marette gave a brief but pointed look to Silv. "Silvannus for example, there are things even he has not seen, and he has taken quite a liking to you." Marette smiled softly and in her tattered attire knelt before Santav, knowing she had been wrong and had been firmly shown her place. Aegis, she could only imagine would be loving every last moment of Marette's humiliation. Typical arrogance.

"Forgive us. Forgive me, for I am the one who has done you wrong."

The Goddess slowly rose and again with a bowed head took several steps back. This was difficult, but it was now done and their fate rest in the hands of their hosts. But of course Marette hoped that alongside Atrophos' admission, and her apology that this would be enough to at least mend the fences, however temporary the thatching may be. It was a step in the right direction, but Marette grew weary as their time was most definitely short, and quickly running out. She could see the sands of the hour glass falling rapidly. "I am student of history, and my knowledge runs deep. But even I make mistakes, and even I can be blinded by the lessons that say we can quickly be turned in, in hopes of sparing one's kind. Something for which you could not be blamed." Marette concluded and folded her hands neatly behind her back. She was the picture of a porcelain doll, blemished, wounded, covered in soot and ash, traces of her golden blood drying upon her skin, the deep purples and blacks of painful bruises making themselves known upon the surface of her flesh, going deeper into muscle.

"What say you Santav, leader of the Charred?"
    Last edited by Hannelorian; 01-28-2024 at 02:31 PM.
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

The acknowledgment of Marette's deception and the revelation from Atrophos had woven an unexpected tapestry of understanding in the room. Santav's golden eyes, though unyielding, betrayed no discernible reaction—a testament to the nonchalant demeanor he maintained. There was a subtle incline of Santav's head towards Atrophos, a gesture that hinted at the acknowledgment of his introduction but revealed nothing of his inner thoughts. His voice, still a murmur that resonated through the tense space, carried a nuanced calmness.

"Deception often walks in tandem with survival, and in these fiery lands, survival is a pursuit that transcends the boundaries of time itself," he responded, his tone carrying the weight of an individual who had seen eons pass. As she knelt before him, Santav's expression remained stoic.

"In Emberhaven, secrets are as familiar as the crackling flames that surround us. Your journey to Averas aligns with a path that has woven itself into the fabric of this realm," Santav continued, the golden orbs fixed on Marette. His nonchalant demeanor held, revealing no hint of the complexities beneath the surface. "I sense that you seek sanctuary not only for yourselves but also for the truths that accompany you. In a world where even time can be deceived, the pursuit of understanding becomes a journey fraught with shadows from the void."

His gaze lingered on Silvannus, acknowledging the unspoken bonds that transcend the spoken word. Santav considered the complexities of the group's entanglements with the same stoicism that characterized his every move.

"Your presence weighs fate, Marette. The Charred shall extend its shelter to you, for a brief respite and the understanding that shadows cast by truth often reveal the brightest flames," he concluded, leaving an unspoken agreement hanging in the air like the lingering warmth of smoldering embers.

But Santav's forgiveness and sanctuary came with a condition, unspoken but implicit. As Marette rose from her humble posture, Santav, with a steady gaze, made it clear, "I shall join your quest to Averas."

Aegis, stationed by the door like an unyielding sentinel, observed the unfolding drama with his characteristic stoicism. Marette's admission, the weight of her apology, and the palpable tension in the room were not lost on the God of Kings. As she knelt before Santav, Aegis only nodded in acknowledgment towards Marette's apology. There was no satisfaction in seeing a fellow deity humbled, despite their strained relationship, but perhaps a sense of understanding that even the mightiest could falter.

Though typically stoic, Aegis couldn't hide his surprise when Santav declared his intent to join the group on their quest to Averas. His brow furrowed slightly, a rare manifestation of astonishment on his otherwise composed countenance. Aegis respected the Charred leader's decision but, ever vigilant, he voiced his immediate concerns.

"Santav," Aegis began, his tone respectful but tinged with curiosity. "Your willingness to join us is unexpected. What about the Charred in Emberhaven? Will they be left without their leader?"

Santav's response came with the same nonchalant composure that characterized him. "The Charred are resilient," he affirmed. "They have weathered storms that surpass the flames that lick at their homes. I trust in their strength. I will leave capable individuals in charge. As for our destination, the knowledge of Averas will remain with me alone. I shall not share it, even with my kin. It will be a secret, locked away. This way, if the Duchess's followers come seeking, they will find no trail to follow."

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

“Why now?” Visana chimed in. Having satisfied herself that no-one else was creeping around the exterior of the building, the protector goddess had folded her arms and leaned one shoulder up against a cracked basalt column. Her brows were knitted as she looked at the Charred.

“I mean, why risk everything? What do you get out of coming with us?”
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

I Forgot My Title....
    Medieval Fantasy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Co-post between Iwa and Yami

Moriteva watched Lunae in silence as the god of the forge seemed to consider Moriteva’s request. It wasn’t one to take lightly, after all; even gods had their secrets, including himself. A few involving Lunae, even. But he wasn’t about to let his inquisitive nature go unfulfilled, either. At least he had to take a shot at it. His own thoughts wandered as he held Lunae’s own gaze, wondering if perhaps he was being a bit intrusive. Perhaps, perhaps not; Moriteva wasn’t sure if asking out of the blue was such a wise idea. And of course, Santav’s arrival didn’t exactly make things all the more convenient, either. Thankfully, Santav had turned his attention far more towards Marette than himself, letting him continue to hold this small conversation. He still listened as well as he could, including Santav’s rather telling history lesson. He knew little of the Charred; while he knew they exuded the same life energy as any other, he’d never thought to consider them among the divine-apparently this was a flawed conceptualization. He wondered if he had replaced someone…given his own age was near-immemorial, he sincerely doubted it, but anything was possible.

He then turned back to Lunae, who had a response at last. So his wish would be granted…now? The portal opening in the room caused Moriteva’s eyes to widen slightly, but he gave no other reaction to the move. Lunae often seemed disconnected from the others, and he seemed to be barely paying Santav and the other gods any mind in the first place. It was almost enough to miss the stone handed to him. Moriteva collected himself in time, taking the small rock in his hand. “Just a bit of power, you say…” Moriteva murmured to himself, already curious as to the reasoning behind it. He could connect the events of a life energy-channeled stone and gauntlets attuned to his power, but couldn’t quite parse the connections themselves. Regardless, Moriteva raised an eyebrow. “A question for me, eh?” Moriteva had a feeling he wouldn’t enjoy where this was going. Especially if it involved Silvannus in any way. Regardless, he was getting ahead of himself. He mused as he gently held the stone, tapping his chin as he spotted Marette kneeling in apology out of the corner of his eye. “I will see that I can answer any question you have to the best of mine own abilities.” He handed the stone back to Lunae, now pulsing softly with a gentle green light. “You do not need to rush in front of company if you don’t wish to. I am a very patient being…I went millennia without a gauntlet, and a few moments more is naught at all.”

—-----------------------

As the seconds turned into minutes Lunae was waiting. Waiting to see if the God of life would be willing to make the contract. The contract was the most important part of his making a weapon, and this contract is only known to him. Because it only affects him. Each contract was different depending on the God. They didn’t need to know the details, but breaking said contract would be bad for him. Though he has never had to worry about the consequences since he has never broken a contract in his many years.

Though seeing the apprehension on the God’s face was understandable. He was asking for a sample of the power that the god possessed. For a reason he didn’t explain. To Lunae it was a test of trust as well as signing the contract. When Moriteva agreed to answer his question to the best of his ability Lunae was a bit relieved. Taking the stone from the God he examined the soft glowing stone. Examining the contract that was forged inside of it. Lunae’s eyes glowed a bright red as the contract was accepted.

“The contract has been made.” Lunae said as he looked to the other God’s. Seeing them intent in conversation with the Charred. He had no interest in the events that were happening. So, he turned to the wall and opened a violet portal that was large enough for him, and his guest to enter. Reaching in he pulled out a sword, and then stabbed it into the ground next to the portal. “Let me know when the others have finished talking, and have started to move.” Lunae said to the sword as a humming sound came from the blade.

“If you would like to follow me. There is one more thing that needs to be done, and we can also have a conversation away from prying ears.” Lunae said, looking back at the other God’s. He then motioned for Moriteva to enter the portal.

Once inside of the portal a desolate world appeared before the Gods eyes. There were no signs of life in this world. No trees, grass or even animals. Even the temperature was quite a bit hotter than most god’s could handle..The sky was bright red, and there were weapons of all kinds as far as the eye could see. The only break in the weapons was a small building in the center of the world. It was a little walk to the building but it wouldn't take long to reach.

—----------------------

Contract. That was a somewhat concerning choice of words. Moriteva said nothing as he watched the display in front of him, but he silently wondered if he’d made a mistake. For all he knew of Lunae-mostly from Silvannus, when he thought about it-there was plenty he did not. His curiosity might have gotten the better of him for once. There was much and more Moriteva wanted-even needed-to know of the world…was he about to make an error? The more he thought about it, Silvannus and Lunae…knowing how chaotic his best friend often got, there was little reason to believe Lunae would be any different.

That said, Moriteva was not about to go revoking anything. He’d given his word, and his word Lunae would have. He was likely overthinking things and getting well ahead of himself rather than trusting the god that had once upon a time been rather close to his tight-knit friend group. The sword resting in front of the portal certainly would draw attention, and Moriteva cast a furtive glance to the others for a moment before sighing. Lunae seemed to want to enter the portal. Made sense, if that was where his workshop stood. Moriteva once again glanced to the others. “My apologies.” He gave a quiet regret before following Lunae, figuring there was little chance he’d turn on him and attack. They’d gone this far, after all. Moriteva had extended the olive branch, and for all he’d noted Lunae had taken it.

The apocalyptic landscape in front of him seemed to faze Moriteva little. If anything, it was almost an improvement from Hades, and certainly from Tartarus. Moriteva carried himself with poise and stoicism as always, studying Lunae quietly as well as eyeing the weapons on every side. He’d been at this work for quite a long time…and these seemed to have no owner, as well. Perhaps still searching…or perhaps these were Lunae’s only friends. Moriteva had little reason to dwell; he’d likely get answers sooner or later. “Well, then.” He opened the conversation cordially as he always did. “I suppose we’re here to exchange information, as it were.” He stated the obvious, keeping his hempen cloak on in spite of the sweltering temperatures. It seemed to bother him little, if at all.

-----------------------

As they both entered his world Lunae could tell God was not affected by the heat. It was a good thing since it only meant he would be able to have a conversation without hearing the God complain. If it weren't for the question that Moriteva had asked he wouldn’t have brought him here. This place was more than just another world. It was a part of him, just as much as the weapons that he has given life to. Because of that he really doesn't bring people to this place.

He just didn’t want to discuss his forging secrets where just anyone could hear. The way he forges his weapons, and the secret to giving them life was not something he wanted everyone to know. Leading him deeper into his world he realized that Moriteva was eyeing each of his weapons that were scattered everywhere.

“Each of these weapons are my children. They have yet to choose their owners. Some of them are even stubborn enough to not want to be used by someone else. So, they stay here.” Lunae explained as he then stopped walking. They were at the hut in the center of the room. Lunae turned to face his companion.

“You wanted to know how each of my weapons have a life of their own? I have no problem telling you. Though it can be considered a little complicated. I just ask one thing of you. Keep what you learn here a secret. I don’t want others to know about this. Gods are judgmental creatures, and some of them might not understand why I do what I do.” Lunae said as he just looked into Moriteva’s eyes. He was judging him probably as much as the other was.

—-------------------
    There it was again, Lunae calling the weapons his ‘children’. While he understood the sentiment, seeing as he likely labored for centuries on his creations, he often wondered just how complex these weapons were capable of processing thought-if at all. The way he spoke of them ‘choosing’ owners was strange, but he supposed it played into what sentience these weapons seemed to have. There were plenty of questions he wanted to ask, but none that seemed right at the moment. Lunae would likely answer them himself over the course of the interaction. However, the promise Lunae asked of Moriteva was met with just a smile.

“Now, why would I go spoiling a god’s secrets for any reason?” Moriteva knew everyone-including himself-harbored secrets and information they preferred others not to know. He leaned against the back wall of the hut, his arms folded but his verdant eyes shining with mirth. “Imagine if I shared the secrets of the Tree of Life with you and you went and blabbed to Malphas. I’d be devastated. As such, I tend to be quite the proficient secret-keeper.” Moriteva laughed softly, but his expression faded into a neutral stare as he glanced about the hut once again. “So, then.” Moriteva cleared his throat, his eyes seeming to burn with glow in the searing heat. “These weapons…you are capable of infusing some sort of life into them. As the Warden, I feel I need to know more about this phenomenon.” He wasn’t going to tell Lunae the rest, however; if he found such methods to be inhumane or contrary to his own mission as the god of life, he would have to find a way to put it to a stop. Not that he expected as much, per se…but it was a concern nonetheless.

------------------------

That was the only reassurance that Lunae needed. As long as the god kept his word, he had no issues in telling him how he gave sentience to his weapons. Taking a seat at one of the two chairs that were outside of the hut Lunae looked out to his children. A humming sound filled the world as each of them were speaking.

They had heard what he was saying, and each of them had their own thoughts on the matter. Some were mad, and others concerned about what he was going to reveal. Some were okay with it, but wanted Lunae to enter into a contract for this information. So many voices were filling the air.

“I understand your concerns. I didn't make this choice on a whim. So, calm down. You can consider him a friend.” Lunae said as the humming sound subsided. He smiled slightly as he was happy that they cared so much. He closed his eyes for a moment before the smile faded and he turned his attention to Moriteva.

“I can understand your concerns. So, the process I use depends on how much sentience the weapon is to have. There are three methods. The first creates weapons that have personalities of their own. Like all of my children that are surrounding us now.” Lunae said as he pointed out the weapons.

“Each of them…” Lunae stopped for a second as he cleared his throat. He didn't know what kind of reaction the god was going to have at this revelation. “They each have blood mixed into the metal. My blood. Through that blood life is born in the metal with the use of my abilities.” Lunae stopped speaking to see what the gods reaction would be.
    —--------------------------------
    Moriteva couldn’t understand a thing of what the weapons were allegedly ‘saying’, but he could at least detect activity amongst them. He raised an eyebrow as Lunae casually replied to them, evidently more than capable of understanding and interacting with them. He wondered if that became possible for others only after the ‘chose’ their partner. Perhaps they were purposely being secretive with a stranger in their midst. Any option was possible. But that was less important to him right now. He had questions that would be answered.

The first note that had Moriteva confused was the mention of ‘three’ ways to imbue sentience. There were different methods depending on what…level? Now Moriteva was lost. “So…different intensities of sentience? What do you use to determine what needs what?” Moriteva let the questions slip, figuring it best to get them out of the way. Personalities…so they could, at the very least, likely think for themselves. That was certainly an interesting thought. An inanimate object, given life and thought by a god…not the strangest thing he’d seen, but certainly not impossible. Moreover, this method involved Lunae’s blood. Moriteva closed his eyes, letting his detection of life energy work…the energies surrounding them were…tainted, in a way. Tainted by metal and stone, but…yes, the energy signals still matched Lunae’s. Now things made at least a small bit of sense.

“I see…” Moriteva spoke calmly, folding his arms as he sat outside the hut with Lunae. “Do you have a reason behind this, or is it simply…your purpose?” Moriteva knew gods without purpose became listless, and Santav’s words indicated they might even become Charred. “So there are three levels? But is this the most…or the least?” How much further did Lunae go? And did these weapons fall under his jurisdiction or not?

----------------------

Lunae only stared at Moriteva as he questioned if there were different levels of sentience. This was definitely turning into an interesting talk. He never would have imagined that any god would have been this interested in his abilities. Well there were only two levels of sentience.

“There are only two levels of sentience. The one you see here, and the one you see in Sage and Luna. Those two are very special.” Lunae said as he shifted in his seat and crossed his legs. As a humming sound came from the sword next to the hut.

“Now behave yourself. You know better than to talk like that. This man is a guest. Just because he can't understand you doesn't mean you can talk like that. So, please mind your manners.” Lunae said as he looked to the other god again. “Sorry about that. This little one has a bit of an attitude problem.” Lunae said in a relaxed tone.

“My purpose is to make the best weapons. This is one way of doing that.” Lunae said with a smile as he reached out for the sword. Taking the blade in his hand. “My life is in the blade, the blade is my life.” Lunae said as he set the blade against the wall.

“Now back to the subject at hand.” He said as tapped the hilt of the sword. “The first method is the most common. The second method only happens when I make a contract with a god to make them a weapon. The weapon is infused with the gods power, and with that the sword gets a life from the gods power. Most of the time the personality is more like the god it is made for.” Lunae said as he looked into the gods eyes. The last method was not something he was going to share. It had only been done once, and he didn't even know why he did it.
    —----------------------------------------
    Only two? So then the third method was…something else? Moriteva seemed a bit confused by the concept, only to be distracted by the sword to their left. Moriteva raised an eyebrow, but said nothing, unable to understand the weapon’s speech. Granted, given Lunae’s response, it seemed it was rather crass. Moriteva let a smile come to his face. “Children will behave as they wish…” Moriteva chuckled, giving Lunae a bit of justification before returning to the subject at hand. His purpose was to…make weapons. Not just weapons, perfect weapons. Curious. Surely a forge could be used for more than elements of destruction? Alas, he was not here to wax philosophical. Perhaps that could be a topic to bring up to Marette another time. Rather, he noted the conversation about the second method of forging.

“So that is the method you plan on using for this gauntlet.” Moriteva connected the dots, noting that the gauntlet would likely share his own personality. Probably for the best; while he could deal with feisty souls, he did tire of them after an eternity. However, something was being left out. Moriteva held Lunae’s stare for a moment, then took the conversation down its logical path. “So, then…the third is…” He didn’t know what Lunae would say, if anything. But the lack of knowledge would ever spur him onwards. There was also something in the back of his head that was nagging him, just a little bit.

“Offhand…” Moriteva changed subject for a moment. “I’ve seen quite an impressive display of weapons here, but no, how do I put it…” Moriteva danced around the question for a moment before deciding to simply be forthwith. “The weapon I’ve noticed a lack of is…well. Have you made any war scythes recently?” The question had much deeper implications than Moriteva was leading on, but he would speak no further on its meaning. He simply wanted to know if it was a possibility…

-----------------------

“The second method is used only when a God comes to me to place a request for a weapon. This allows for the weapon to not only work well with the God’s power. It allows them to be able to communicate. So, yes this will be the method that I use to make your weapon.” Lunae said as he had seen the confusion on Moriteva’s face.

“You are right. Children will act as they please, but I don’t want them to think that speaking like that is proper.” He said as he looked out to the many different weapons that surrounded him in this place. This was the accumulation of his life's work. Yet the conversation turned to the third method.

“This method has only been used once, and that IS all that I am going to say about it. So, please don’t ask more.” Lunae said as he turned his attention back to Moriteva. He didn’t want to seem rude, but he didn’t want to talk about that method.

However, a new subject was brought up. One that Lunae didn’t expect. Never once had he been asked about if he had made a weapon recently. No god has ever thought deeply into wanting to know about his work. He looked into the god’s eyes and could tell there was more to this question than what was being said. Normally he would never indulge in his work with others, but he figured this time could be an exception.

“I don’t usually talk about other weapons. However, to answer you, I have made a scythe recently. It was about six months before the Duchess came and visited me at my home.” Lunae said as his eyes narrowed at the memory of that woman, and what she had done to him and his home. He would never forgive her for what she did, but now was not the time. Closing his eyes he calmed his temper.

The realm they were in reacted to the negative emotion that Lunae was feeling. The sky started to turn black, and the temperature decreased. This world was affected by the emotions that Lunae felt, that was why he always tried to keep his emotions neutral. He follows his own path, but some would say he was closely aligned with the path of chaos because of his beliefs to make weapons for those that pass his test. No matter who, or which path they followed.
    —--------------------

Moriteva did not like the sound of a single use of the third method, as well as a desire for secrecy. That was a bad sign. However, Moriteva had no way of easily coaxing such information out of an unwilling participant, and he wasn’t about to try to use force. Not in Lunae’s home domain, and not when Lunae was an ally, perhaps even a friend. Thus, Moriteva had to let the subject drop. It was unfortunate, but there was plenty of time to learn and engage. Plenty of time to find out everything he needed to know. For now, though, he turned his attention to his secondary question. Something he wanted to know on a personal level.

And yes, as his hunch turned out, there was in fact a scythe made recently. Almost within the proper timeframe, too…So…there is a chance. Moriteva mused quietly on the subject, noticing the way the heat and bright flame of the forge darkened and cooled. Curious. He glanced up at the sky for a moment, then smiled warmly. “I apologize. I did not mean to make you recall unhappy memories.” Moriteva’s smile faded as he considered the facts in front of him. So his suspicions had validity. Now he had to wonder if…and when that might come to importance. Or even if. He could only hope it did not.

For the moment, Moriteva nodded. “I believe I’ve learned what I can through speaking with you. The rest I’m sure I will be able to pick up just by watching and sensing.” There was much Lunae likely could not properly explain on how life was infused into inanimate beings, and simply watching-or being near-the master at work would be extremely beneficial. “If you’re ready to set to work, you can, though I do not mind waiting, either. However, I believe there was something you wished to ask of me?” Moriteva posited to Lunae with a curious look. What could the amnesiac forgemaster want of him?

------------------------------

After a short time the temperature and the color returned to the world around them. Lunae then opened his eyes just as Moriteva apologized for making him remember something that upset him. He shook his head as he stood up from his seat. He didn’t know why the god seemed to be uneasy about his unwillingness to reveal the third process. He didn’t feel comfortable revealing the truth about the third method. Maybe later he would tell the man, but for now he didn’t want anyone to know.

Now he wanted to watch as he went through the process of making his weapon. Granted the time in this world flows differently than it does in the outside world. However, he had never allowed a god to watch him when he made a weapon. Should he allow the god to watch? He pondered for a moment then looked at Moriteva with a neutral look on his face.

“I will not be working on the weapon just yet. However, I need to get some measurements from you. So, follow me, and you can answer my question as I work.” Lunae said as he led Moriteva into the forge. He will not be able to complete the weapon yet, but he will at least get some of the work done while the god answers his question. Sitting the god down in a chair he pulled out as string, and some paper. He spoke while he took the God's arm into his hand.

“For some reason I get the feeling that you know me. How and where do you know me from?”
    —-----------------------------

So he wouldn’t be able to observe…yet, at least. That was fine. If anything, better. There was a Charred back in Emberhaven that they had just walked out on, not to mention their fellow fugitives. Moriteva was more than happy to return there as soon as possible. However, Lunae needed his measurements. Moriteva was unsure as to the exact reason why, though he figured a gauntlet that fit would probably be infinitely better than one that did not. He nodded in agreement, walking back into the forge with interest. He was acting as a tailor might, prepared to take Moriteva’s measurements-it was a quaint thing to see for a god as devoted to the art of forgework.

Still, Moriteva knew he’d have to field the question sooner or later. The one that passed Lunae’s lips was one that wiped the smile from Moriteva’s face. “Mmm…” The Warden put his free hand to his chin, thinking on how best to resolve the query. He couldn’t just go out and say it-that wasn’t his place nor his right. But to say nothing would be both rude and only serve to spread paranoia. As Lunae took his measurements, Moriteva weighed his options carefully before he spoke. “As the Warden of Life, it does do me some good to try to learn about and understand the lives I am supposed to watch over, even those of heavenly descent.” Moriteva opened with a meaningless platitude, then focused a bit further. “However, this is not a question I can answer. Not for lack of knowledge, but of jurisdiction.” Moriteva knew that response would make no sense, so he was quick to exposit.

“While I could give a response, it would require an explanation, and said explanation is not mine to give.” Moriteva shook his head, trying his best not to reveal too much. “I do know you from the past, yes, but the details behind that are not mine to share, not my answer to give. If this is an avenue you wish to pursue, you will have to find the answers you seek on your own. Something I do believe you have the power to do.” Moriteva now nodded, the smile returning to his face. “You will have to search your soul and perhaps swim the sea of foggy memories lost to you, but I believe you will find the right people to ask and uncover the information you seek. However, as it stands, I am not the one with the right to share this information.” If it was even entirely correct. He knew enough about Silvannus and Lunae’s love life that he could properly explain what might have led to this outcome, but the minutiae behind it all were certainly beyond his knowledge. To answer Lunae’s question now would only leave him with countless more, and perhaps even anger his friend…so Moriteva found himself with little choice but to remain enigmatic.
    ------------------------

As Moriteva was speaking and avoiding the question at hand. Lunae continued his work. The only thing he learned from the information he had shared with the other god was that this man did know him, but for some reason he said he was not in a position to speak about it. This perturbed Lunae as he had revealed an aspect of his ability that he had never told anyone else. He revealed how he did what he did. Yet he literally got nothing in return for this information. Only advice to look into himself to find the answer, and that there might be another to whom this question would prove to be more suitable.

He only shook his head in disappointment. He had wanted a bit more information from the god. This deal was definitely not in his favor. He should have asked his question first to be able to judge how much information he should have indulged in. Sighing as he worked in silence getting the god's measurements. He would still make the weapon in accordance with his contract, but he was definitely not going to let the god watch. This process was not going to be revealed since the information provided was not satisfactory.

Once he was done he walked over to a desk laying the string down, and writing some stuff down on what looked like a stone piece of paper. The stone flashed and then a design appeared on the paper. Lunae continued to tinker with it till it matched what he was wanting. He then walked over handing the stone to the god.

“This is just a rough draft of the request.” Lunae said, his voice devoid of emotion. He was angry that he had gotten used by this god. The information exchange was not equal at all. However, he was not going to ask anymore questions. There was no need. Moriteva already proved that he will not truthfully answer any question, so there was no need to waste his time.

“If this design is satisfactory. Then we should leave.” He said bluntly.

—-----------------------------
    He should have figured Lunae wouldn’t like his answer. It was tough knowing when was the right time to be forthwith and when was the right time to be secretive. It didn’t feel right. Silvannus had his reasons; hell, Lunae might have his own that he didn’t remember. To Moriteva, that integrity was enough to try and answer as much as he could while remaining vague. However, Lunae seemed to shut down entirely at his words. Moriteva hung back, his expression stony and unreadable. Lunae was evidently displeased. Moriteva frowned, watching Lunae as he worked, choosing to remain in silence. His measurements were easy enough to get, which left him plenty of time to be alone with his thoughts.

He felt bad. Lunae was not the closest of friends, but he and Moriteva had spent a fair bit of time together as a result of Silvannus. And now he was betraying the trust of a man without memories out of deference to another of his friends. Two people that were happy together, no less. This didn’t feel right. No, Moriteva was being a bad friend. Honestly to Lunae and Silvannus both. He was frustrated, so much so he didn’t pay nearly as much attention to Lunae working on his gauntlet’s design as he would have hoped. Moriteva was a god who wished to be peaceable and friendly with all he could. He was the type to keep his word, and to be an aid whenever he was able. This was not being a good friend.

Moriteva blinked when Lunae, rather emotionlessly, pressed the stone into his hand. A ‘rough draft’, as it was called. “Er, I…” Moriteva took a moment to recover. “I am certain that anything you make I would be proud to wield as my own.” He managed to find his voice, but even as Lunae insisted they should leave, Moriteva didn’t more. He grit his teeth, evidently fighting with himself internally. Curse me and my bleeding heart…. Moriteva heaved a sigh, then stepped forward, resting a hand on Lunae’s shoulder.

“Silvannus is the key to your plight. I don’t have all the answers to why events have gone down this path. If you want to understand everything, you will need to pry them from him. This goes much deeper than simply knowing you, Lunae…but I do not know those details. I’m sorry I withheld that information.” Silvannus was going to kill him for this, wasn’t he…

----------------------

Lunae took the tablet after the god said his design was going to be good. He placed the tablet back on the small table. He stayed at the table for a moment. He thought about the question he had asked and the vexing answer that was given to him. He had become serious and quiet at his reaction. He saw that Morteva was having an issue with his response to the lack of answers. Maybe he was overreacting. He should have expected an answer like this from the beginning. His life has been full of disappointments for the last hundred years.

He had been really angry that a god that had made a contract with him had decided to not only cancel it, but forced him to endure the breaking of the contract. That was the worst time of his life. A shiver went down his spine at remembering the pain. He never wanted to experience that again. He might have made a mistake with his change of attitude. If this contract was broken he would be in trouble. He kept his back to Moriteva. He was contemplating trying to smooth over his reaction. However, before he was able to say anything he felt a hand on his shoulder.

The words that were said shocked him to his core. Silvannus, he… he was the the key to finding out why this man knows him? Why had it been someone like him? He knew that this man had a set of weapons that he had made, and used the third method. Yet he didn’t know why he had used that method, or the reason why that man had the weapons to begin with. He also didn’t know who he used for the second sample. Shaking his head he just closed his eyes for a moment. He hated Silvannus for destroying his hammer, and forcing him to come to this place.

“Why tell me this now?”

—---------------------------
    Moriteva had a feeling Lunae wasn’t going to like his response. Given what little he’d seen of Lunae since whatever had happened, it was clear the two of them weren’t exactly on speaking terms, not even keeping in mind the fact that Lunae didn’t know Silvannus one bit. He wondered if Silvannus knew all of this. If he did, he was proving to be quite the good actor, as Moriteva could have easily believed he was completely unaware. He frowned, evidently lost as to what could have possibly happened to split them up. It was…strange. Yet Moriteva wasn’t about to be dissuaded from his path. He’d made his bold choice, and now he would stand behind it.

“Because, Lunae.” Moriteva closed his eyes, his expression somber. “Whether it will benefit you or not, you deserve to know. I have observed the pain of loss and the unknown before in many a mortal, and their pain does not need to be yours. And frankly…it would be less than ideal to see a friend suffering in an endless void in his mind.” Moriteva spoke calmly and quietly. “We were friends, Lunae. Once. What happened to change that…only one man has that information.” The implication was clear: Moriteva could tell him no more. Not out of choice, but out of lack of knowledge.

“The others are likely waiting for us, if we haven’t spooked Santav already. Let’s be away, if you’re done for now.”

--------------------------

Lunae could only look at Moriteva as the man spoke of being his friend, and that only one person would have all of the answers. Lunae knew that he probably could tell him more, but he doubted even he would be able to pry that information out of him. Deciding that this was enough compensation for him revealing a portion of his forging process. He decided to leave it at that. He smiled slightly as he nodded his head. Moriteva had given him something to think about, but for now they needed to return to the others.

“Thanks. I will keep what you told me in mind.” Lunae said as he would have to think about if he truly wanted to know more about his missing memories, or to just let sleeping dogs lie. “You are going to become a part of my family. So, I would like to remain a friend.” Lunae said as he turned to the open space.

“We are done here. Let's go back.” Lunae said leading his new found friend to the exit.

—----------------------
    “Family, eh? That’s quite the honor. I suppose I will have to do the family proud, then.” Moriteva chuckled, providing just the slightest bit of mirth as they approached the portal out of Lunae’s forgehome. While he found the trip quite enlightening on several levels, he knew being gone for any longer was like to cause distress, particularly among Santav and perhaps Marette. Neither of those people did Moriteva wish to perturb. With a lighter spirit, Moriteva stepped back through the portal, pushing his hair back in the process; the forge was quite hot, and a thin layer of sweat was sure to be visible on his brow. “Sorry about that. Hopefully I did not miss much.”
    Karma is the best.

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

“I mean, why risk everything? What do you get out of coming with us?”

"Consider this journey as a test of one's true mettle, a trial by fire, if you will," Santav began. "To achieve one's goals without the crutch of power is a feat few dare to attempt. My motivations may appear elusive, but they are rooted in a quest for true independence - complete and utter freedom."

As the group traversed the fiery landscapes of Hades, the oppressive heat weighed heavy upon them, the air thick with the scent of sulfur and ash. The rugged terrain stretched endlessly before them, jagged peaks silhouetted against the crimson sky. Each step was a battle against the scorching ground, the ground crackling beneath their feet with the heat of the inferno below.

In the distance, a towering mountain range loomed ominously, its peaks crowned with billowing plumes of smoke and fire. This was no ordinary range; it was a series of volcanoes, their fiery fury a testament to the raw power of the realm they inhabited.

As the group approached the base of the central volcano, their eyes were drawn to a darkened opening at its base—a cavern system hidden within the heart of the mountain. It was the only path forward, a treacherous journey through the bowels of the volcano itself.

Silence fell over the group as they prepared to venture into the unknown depths. Aegis, clad in crimson armor, tightened his grip on his sword, his stoic expression betraying nothing of the anticipation building within him. However, as they approached the cavern entrance, Aegis had a gnawing concern at the back of his head and had to address it. He raised a closed fist to pause the group before turning to their newest member.

"Santav, I have concerns about our journey ahead," Aegis began, his voice steady but tinged with apprehension. "Without your powers, you'll be at a disadvantage. We may have to expend more energy defending you, putting the group at risk."

The Charred leader regarded Aegis with a calm demeanor, his golden eyes betraying no hint of concern. "You speak the truth, Aegis," he replied, his voice as serene as the stillness of the cavern. "I will indeed be a liability in terms of combat prowess."

Aegis's brow furrowed slightly at Santav's candid admission. There was a sense of unease that gnawed at the God of Kings, especially with the carefree nature of the Charred's words.

"I appreciate your honesty, Santav," Aegis said finally, his tone measured. "But there's something about your carefree acceptance of this fact that troubles me. I sense there's more to your story than you're letting on."

Santav's gaze lingered on Aegis for a moment, a flicker of something unreadable passing through his golden eyes. Not even a small smile passed over Santav's lips. "Your concern is reasonable, God of Kings. But perhaps, at this moment, you should be more concerned with her," he raised a thin finger and pointed over Aegis's shoulder.

Aegis turned to the disturbance at the center of the group, and his eyes widened in horror and he took a step back from the revelation. Only a mere few feet away from him: clad in a skimpy dark leather outfit that left little to the imagination, she exuded an aura of raw power and dominance. Her figure was lithe and graceful, every movement fluid and purposeful. Her crimson eyes blazed with an intensity that sent a shiver down Aegis's spine, while her crimson hair cascaded down her back like a river of blood.

With one hand resting casually on her hip, the other draping freely by her side, Malphas, the Duchess of Pain, studied the group with her malevolence eyes to witness their reaction at her sudden appearance.
    Last edited by RedKayne; 03-20-2024 at 07:23 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

As their path rose towards the volcano range, the ground under Visana’s bare feet grew steadily hotter. With every step the prayer wards curling up her shins pulsed blue in protest. She ignored the discomfort, and pushed on.

Aegis and Santav had the lead, tracing their path through boulder fields and down steep gorges, ever mindful of unfriendly eyes that might be watching from above. They said little, though at one point Visana found herself side-by-side with Silvannus, and felt compelled to speak.

“Sil?” she asked as they negotiated a treacherous scree slope, “I heard Marette and Mori talking about a corruption in Averas. What happened to Selrina?”

The mountain above them rumbled like a sleeping giant, grey smoke curling from its apex to meet the red-tinged sky.

It became clear then where their path was leading - a cave mouth, cracked into the side of the mountain, and leading down. Heat from the volcano’s beating heart gusted out from it, like the breath of a dragon. Aegis halted them all with a raised fist.

"Santav, I have concerns about our journey ahead," Aegis began, his voice steady but tinged with apprehension. "Without your powers, you'll be at a disadvantage. We may have to expend more energy defending you, putting the group at risk."

The Charred leader regarded Aegis with a calm demeanor, his golden eyes betraying no hint of concern. "You speak the truth, Aegis," he replied, his voice as serene as the stillness of the cavern. "I will indeed be a liability in terms of combat prowess."

“We can fix that, at least.” Visana suggested, extending a hand towards the Charred. “May I?”

With a whisper she set the dark runes on her arm alight, and matching whorls trickled out across Santav’s shoulder where she touched him, flaring bright before misting away. The light faded, but Aegis’ frown remained.

"I appreciate your honesty, Santav," Aegis said finally, his tone measured. "But there's something about your carefree acceptance of this fact that troubles me. I sense there's more to your story than you're letting on."

Santav's gaze lingered on Aegis for a moment, a flicker of something unreadable passing through his golden eyes. "Your concern is reasonable, God of Kings. But perhaps, at this moment, you should be more concerned with her."

Red eyes glowed in the darkness as a pale shadow detached itself from the gloom and flowed forward. Blood-red hair, ashen skin, moving with a deadly, graceful ease in armour of silver-studded leather. Malphas.

Visana lunged in front of Aegis before the Wrackmaven could reach him, one hand thrown back to push him away. Light jousted from her splayed fingers, weaving a protective symbol across the Eternal’s form. The curse on her lips became star-fire in her other hand, stretching into a blade that she punched forward to core through the approaching demon.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Crimson Casanova
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Dark runes materialized on Santav's shoulder, eliciting a subtle grimace or perhaps a hint of disgust. Despite this, he made no move to reject Visana's aid, nor did he offer any words of gratitude.

In response to the sudden appearance of the Duchess, the Goddess of Protection sprang into action. Her blade, imbued with celestial flame, struck true, piercing the illusory form of the Monarch. However, as the illusion dissipated, Visana found herself off balance, teetering dangerously on the brink of a fall. Aegis's swift intervention prevented her from stumbling, his strong hand grasping her shoulder and steadying her before she could hit the ground.

The illusion of Malphas dissipated, leaving behind a chuckle that seemed to dance between Marette and Moriteva. "Well, well, it didn't take too long to find you all," Malphas remarked, her arms crossed and her crimson eyes scanning the group with an amused glint. "I do hope you're enjoying your stay in Hades so far," she continued, her gaze lingering briefly on each deity in turn. Pausing at Silvanus, a small smile played on her lips before her attention shifted to Santav, her smile fading. "Well, don't you look familiar," she remarked, her curiosity evident as she cocked her head to the side. "Shouldn't you be back in Emberhaven?"

Santav remained silent, refusing to engage in the Duchess's games.

"Malphas..." Aegis began, taking a step forward as if to shield Visana. "Considering you didn't dispatch us when you had the chance, I presume your physical form is nowhere nearby?" The God of Kings attempted to discern the limitations of Malphas's illusory powers once again.

Her crimson eyes gleamed with glee as she spoke, "Oh indeed - consider this illusion as a form of... astral projection. I can use my senses through this projection to interact with you all, but I can't just, ya know," she snapped her fingers toward Aegis, causing a noticeable flinch from the deity. However, nothing happened this time, though the painful memory lingered in Aegis's mind. "Can't just bring ya to your knees, like last time," she added with a playful wink.

Santav interrupted the exchange with a firm tone, "Enough games. If you're not here, then you're merely distracting us from our goal," he stated, his gaze sweeping over the rest of the group. "I say we proceed ahead and ignore her."

The Duchess raised a finger, wagging it as if to scold Santav's suggestion. "I wouldn't advise that, because I've got some important information for you all," she retorted.

Aegis stepped forward, his voice laced with suspicion, "Any word you say is simply poison, Malphas. None of your words can be trusted."

The Monarch shrugged, her smile widening, "I have a secret to reveal about the Consumed. You see, there's another reason why none of y'all were devoured completely by those abominations. Just a nibble here, a nibble there," her words stirred fresh memories of those feasted upon by the Consumed back in the cells of Tartarus. "Because you see - the Consume eventually evolve if they tasted enough of God-flesh. They became a new monstrosity known as Devourers, and I intend to make an army of them. And the best part of all - they can use the divine powers of those they feasted upon."

"For example, by feasting a lil bit of Silvanus, the God of Arcana - a Devourer can use a spell to keep their life force hidden from Moriteva. And then ya just need a lil bit of Aegis's powers to..."

"Kneel!" She was immediately interrupted by the voice of Aegis as his divine authority activated. However, Aegis's lips never moved once but instead the voice came from a short distance, amongst the lava rocks jutting from the ground. Aegis's eyes widened in horror as he found himself on his knees, forced by his own Divine Authority but from a different source as the rest of the group shortly followed and found themselves on their knees too. "Damnit, Malphas!" the God of Kings cursed as the visage of Malphas disappeared and he realized that she was merely distracting them from the true threat as the group of Devourers rushed from the rocks, revealing themselves as they began their charge... their onslaught upon the group.

"Well, look at that, I did manage to bring ya to your knees, after all?" Malphas's taunting words disappeared into the fiery hells of Hades.

Spoiler: Devourer 
    Last edited by RedKayne; 04-06-2024 at 07:51 PM.

Immortal Goddess
    Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Adventure
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It was always a joyous occasion for the god of arcana, master of sorcery, ruler of magic to receive love and adoration from his sister, the great and powerful Marette, goddess of time. He recalled many conversations with her and they were always pleasant, though sometimes she would chastise him whenever he would step out of line or cross the boundaries that had been set forth.

“One of these days Silv, it’s best to be cautious,” she would tell him and for a while he would listen.

He was deep in thought, Luna and Sage floating near him when he heard Visana speak to him.

Sil?” she asked as they negotiated a treacherous scree slope, “I heard Marette and Mori talking about a corruption in Averas. What happened to Selrina?

Silvannus glanced at her briefly and lowered his head before sighing.

"She slumbers eternal, for now..." he said, a determined glint showing in his eyes as he remembered the deal he'd made with Malphas. He would do what it took to ensure Selrina once again tended to her garden, the same garden he'd sought to keep in pristine condition. Without her guidance he was a lone wanderer, unsure of who he could talk to. Everyone he knew seemed busy with their own things and he couldn't help but feel a chunk of missing in his memory that he didn't understand why and hadn't the time to dive deeper into figuring it out.

As they moved further, they suddenly came to a halt. Silvannus was silent when Malphas made herself known, or rather her illusion. He shook his head when others acted. He remained unnervingly calm, as if certain Malphas would never lay a hand on him. His eyes caught sight of Malphas and the small yet noticeable smile that appeared on her face when their eyes met. What did she expect from him? It was hard enough traveling through Hades alone, but with a group of deities all with different personalities, thoughts, and processes, he was happy enough that they’d managed to meet a Emberhaven resident who Silvannus absolutely adored. Santav was such an adorable creature and every chance Silvannus got he would pinch the smaller beings cheeks and make noises keen to what a parent would do when speaking to their offspring. Sighing, Silvannus remained silent, floating in his position as his eyes passed from each deity that was assembled in the team he’d found himself on.

All he could think was that if they found out he was a traitor, that he’d assisted in orchestrating their captivity and had also helped Malphas in her plans for the throne, there was no doubt that they’d all turn on him in an instant and he would have to escape.

“Always have a backup plan,” his mentor would tell him, “and the backup plan should have a backup plan; however, at the end of the day make sure you’re always one step ahead.”

How could he be one step ahead of this? He’d danced with the devil and now this was the price to pay. Malphas spoke and her point was made the moment all of their knees collectively touched the ground on command. Silvannus glared at Aegis, but soon realized that it wasn’t Aegis who’d commanded them, but something else, something equally adorable. Silvannus’ eyes sparkled with a mixture of shock and excitement as the Devourers began to approach. Malphas had informed them of how a Devourer was born, and it intrigued Silvannus to know what all they could do. Even Celestials had limitations, and if that were the case then the Devourers would too have the same limitations would they not?

“I expected nothing less from Malphas. Now, Aegis, if you would be so kind as to dispel this, I’d like to escape at some point this eternity.”

The Devourers were closing in and Silvannus didn’t feel like fighting, but he knew he would have to for the sake of the group and for Marette and Moriteva, even though they weren’t necessarily on good speaking terms.

His eyes darted around the ground and he slammed his hand onto the ground as a spell circle began to etch into the ground beneath them.

“Aren’t you Devourers so adorably cute? I could just pinch your cheeks… or rather the place where your cheeks should be…. Gosh you're disfigured, but still cute as a melted button.”

Luna and Sage were ready to protect their master in an instant the moment any Devourer neared Silvannus.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 04-08-2024 at 08:56 AM.
    Special thanks to Poison Ivy for the awesome sig and avy set.
    Spoiler: The Return of a Story You May Want to Join!! 
    Follow me on Twitter JP_Yolance *Follow me on TikTok Divine Divia JP
    *Follow me on WattpadJeimseu P

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

"I have had enough of this bitch and her illusions." Marette spoke quietly as she sighed deeply as she was forcefully brought down to her knees by Aegis' divine authority. "And her little games..." The Goddess of Time had alarmingly little patience for these things. To her it was all precious time that was wasted. Time that she could be doing something of meaning with instead attending to this circus. Or perhaps she was irritated by the revelation that her blood and flesh torn so desperately from her body in acts of torture were fed to the consumed so that they could have an everlasting piece of her power.

"Silvannus." Marette called to her friend who was somewhere beside her. "Grind them into dust." There was a commanding nature in her voice, and thus was her anger. The idea ran through her mind that though the Devourers held their power in their disfigured palms, surely they were not truly as powerful as when wielded by the Gods themselves, then again she had been forced to kneel to the ground. That was all rather tiring. Thankfully, Marette need not stand to make use of her own authority. With no more than a thought her weapon had materialized and with a few words here and there it was time to do what she did best. Buy. Time.

The newly minted monsters were racing toward them. A bright light emanated from the Goddess' body and the golden threads of her ability made themselves manifest, and like arrows they shot forth into the approaching beasts, and when she pulled back on the threads they would find that they were had been halted. Time for them had slowed so drastically that their movements were imperceptible almost non existent. "I give them a minute or two before they figure out how to use my abilities to free themselves. Or 30 seconds. Either way, a stitch in time saves nine." Marette smirked. Ordinarily such actions were cheap shots as best. Marette could have stopped them all and simply walked away but no... now she was here and a part of this.

Marette would begin to prepare her little bolts of time to fly forward and explode outward in a burst of pure energy, but... first her friends would have a chance to act, no matter how briefly. They were very much on a timer that was not her own. Now that, that pissed her off. These beautiful little demons, creations that Malphas made with such love were standing in their way and a part of Marette longed to appreciate this little ingenuity. These little things were all rather clever. There was an art to them, a brilliant bastardization of Malphas' own people. How she had experimented upon those poor things...
    Last edited by Hannelorian; 04-08-2024 at 04:40 PM.
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast