Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiegelwelt [OOC]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Something... new.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Spiegelwelt [OOC]

Spiegelwelt

Always there beside us, there's another world. A world of complete replica. A place where anything can happen. People call it, Spiegelwelt. It's said that Spiegelwelt is a world subconsciously created by the mind of million people. Thus, strong will can be converted as power. But that's all. Spiegelwelt is empty, nothing but building made of stone, just a poor replica of the real thing.

Whatever this world is, its existence is a total mystery, and only few who knew about it. The requirement to enter this world is unknown and none of those who were able had any clues. The gate to enter Spiegelwelt is everywhere, those who proven worthy can go to this world anytime, anyplace just by shouting the key-word. Key-word differs for each person and is determined by the person, but whenever he/she said it, they will be transported there, leaving their body left unattended while their mind is free to explore Die Steine Stadt.

Our Story:
    You all were once a normal person, leading a normal life. Then you got sick of it, you wanted to run away, and all of the sudden you found yourself crouching in the middle of a street. You looked around and noticed something. The town is all in grey color, as if it was made of stone or plain cement. You continue to look around but found no one there. Then you wished for something to appear and it did, it was when you realized, this world is what you've been looking all this time.

It has been quite awhile since you discovered this weird world but you knew nothing about it. The time is summer, it's the season where young boys and girls enjoying their youth. One day a person you've never met before shows up in front of you, telling you to never get yourself involved with that world. But you refused, that person once again shows up in front of you and gave you a flight ticket, told you meet him in Rome, capital city of Italy. Despite all the mystery, you're tempted to go, but what awaits you there? Only time will tell.

IC | OOC

The World of Mirror
    The word Spiegelwelt serve as the name of this mysterious world in general. The world itself has no shape although sometimes took form of a city with interior made out of colorless (slightly grey) solid material, many describe it as a model, a poorly made replica of the real thing. According to the Ältere, Spiegelwelt is uninhabited and no life-form ever spotted there. There were many theory about the origin of Spiegelwelt, the most common one was about an ancient group of wizard who crated this world but failed halfway, leaving it both shapeless and colorless. In the same time huge amount of mana and prana were stored here, continue to keep this world alive for ages.

The existence of Spiegelwelt is hardly known and only a Träumer knew about it. There’s unwritten rule about not telling other people about Spiegelwelt although it’s hardly matters because only a Träumer can get in. For most people, Spiegelwelt is nothing but a place to relief stress from real life. Because in there, they can basically do anything they wanted. Because Spiegelwelt is practically empty, there’s hardly anything to do in it aside from playing around. For some reason the flow of time in Spiegelwelt is faster than in real world. About two hours in Spiegelwelt equal five minutes in real world.

The City of Stone
    Because Spiegelwelt is practically shapeless, it will take shape based on the wish of a person in it. Die Steine Stadt is personalized field in Spiegelwelt created by the thought of a Träumer. Once a Träumer planted an “idea” into an empty area of Spiegelwelt, that place will become their personal field, preventing others from bending it. The Träumer who imprinted their “idea” in a Die Steine Stadt are known as the Host. A Träumer is free to invite/bring other Träumer into their Die Steine Stadt or Spiegelwelt in general just by shouting their Key-word in front of the person.

The Resident
    Those who has access to Spiegelwelt are called Träumer, we’re playing as them. A Träumer are those who were able to bend the world of Spiegelwelt as they wish as well utilize its power as theirs. The power of a Träumer highly depends on their imagination power and how much they believe in themselves (You can create a ball of light capable in killing any demon, but whatever it actually works or not depends on how much you actually believe in it). Each Träumer has their own private space called Die Steine Stadt in Spielgelwelt, it’s like personalized field which differs for each person.

In order to enter Spiegelwelt, a Träumer is required to say the Key-word. It’s different for each Träumer and is determined the second time they entered Spiegelwelt. When a Träumer visit Spiegelwelt, their mind will temporarily left their body and they will be put in a state similar to sleeping. Embarrassing to say, most Träumer suffered a Middle School 2nd Year Syndrome (Google for more information). A Träumer usually give themselves a title, second name, or Nom de Guerre in Spiegelwelt.

The Elders
    Among the Träumer, there are those who were known as Ältere. Ältere is a Träumer who chose to abandon Spiegelwelt. Many said that Ältere knew something about Spiegelwelt but refuse to talk. Ältere are also known to be very strong, but chose to seal their powers away.

Accepted Characters

Spoiler: Andrew Elstone 

Spoiler: Calypso Ilara 

Spoiler: Heiko Fleischer 

Spoiler: Jamie Flanagan 

Spoiler: Sierra Lyn 

Spoiler: Kazimir Pishchalnikov 

Spoiler: Yurei Yanagi 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Rules and Important Note 

THE RP IS NOW OPEN!
    Last edited by 《Kazuma》; 03-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    I'm a spineless coward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello there! It looks like you're off to a fantastic start. Here are some helpful links to get you started!

Roleplaying Games Directory – New Roleplay? Add it to our Directory!

Staff Sigs – Get your RP featured in our Staff Signatures.

Roleplay of the Week – Think your RP could have what it takes to become Role Play of the Week? Enter here!

Roleplay of the Week Banner Shop – Get a banner made for your RP to further your quest for RP of the Week.

The RPA Tribune – Why not let all of RPA read about your RP in the RPA Tribune!

As always if you have any questions, feel free to let us know!

All the roleplays. All of them.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Appearance: In the real world, Calypso is a girl of thin, petite frame with messy black locks and what many people consider "frightening" pale, icy blue eyes, a trait that only she has. Her skin is ghostly pale, due to a lack of time spent in sunlight. She wears a pair of thick glasses, which tend to muddle up her eyes and make them more grey in appearance. She often wears her sister's hand-me-downs and whatever simple, old and over-sized outfits she can find. In her universe, Calypso becomes a tall, majestic young woman who's lost her glasses and freckles. She wears royal clothing, and has the air of a refined goddess.

Name: Calypso Ilara.
    Title: "Mistress of Marionettes", or simply "The Puppeteer".
    Nationality: Born in Greece, though to American parents.
    Bio: Calypso was born the middle child of two astounding other children, so it was only natural that she was forgotten in the midst of their success. Her elder sister Naida was a complete beauty, while her younger brother Holden was an artistic and athletic genius. Naida was approximately a year, five months, and twenty days older, whereas Holden stood just year younger. Calypso was perfectly average at at sports, pretty, (but not nearly as gorgeous as her sister), and was a perfectly well off student. Since she was exceptional at nothing in particular, she was easily forgotten and discarded into the background. She soon grew accustomed to throwing her sister and brother little "pointers" in their competitions, until they were almost entirely reliant on her ideas to win. She became a puppetmaster, a genius pulling the strings unseen by others. Her Middle Child Syndrome was still there, yes, it just wasn't as blatantly obvious as others had expected. She got this... Imagination. Her head inflated, as she thought she had this odd sort of hypnotic power where she could manipulate anyone to get what she desires. As she discovered, along with her mind control, she has the capability to make as many "imaginary friends" as she desires. These friends are extraordinarily realistic in appearance, substance, and personality. She creates small armies this way, a society built with creatures birthed from her mind.
    Personality: Calypso is a control freak, a puppeteer controlling her marionettes in the safety of the dark background. She has a knack for being well-loved by everyone, hiding beneath a shy and self-conscious facade to make herself seem weak and defenseless as she helps them make "minor" decisions in their everyday life. Being able to create her own universe, she became the ruler of a place where everyone else was simply another cog in her machine. She's got a bit of a god complex, and wouldn't hesitate to trample her underlings to get what she wants. Her immense intelligence is almost frightening, considering the amount of time she spent hiding her true nature.
    Stadt des Stein: Her own opinion of Heaven, Calypso rules a world of the highest society. Beautiful stone towers, statues built of her in precious metals, a forum of the highest quality, and much more, you could call her world a type of utopia. As apposed to being set on regular ground, however, her world is set upon thick, pillow-like clouds.
    Setting: Growing up, Calypso's one true desire was to be noticed and adored. She wanted to be listened to and doted upon, something that seldom happened at home. In Spiegelwelt, that all changed. She was loved by all and never forgotten, with everyone around her bound tightly around her pinkie finger. She was unrelenting in making sure that everything was focused entirely on her. She became even more manipulative, a true, deserving queen.
    Key-word: "Bow before your Mistress, and allow her an adoring entry to Heaven!"
    Extra: Ich wünsche für das Tor. Also, if I did absolutely ANY of this wrong don't hesitate to tell me, though please keep in mind that this is a work in progress. I'm also pretty interested in being you Co-GM, if that's alright.
    Last edited by Mikko; 03-10-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Pretty sure this is finished...

Something... new.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kind of sorry for the late reply

Calypso Ilara, her name interest me, like from what country she's from. The fact that she has god-complex is a plus, I like it. I knew you haven't finished yet, but for her power I suggest you to add more than just "body control", like creating a minion or controlling troop of dolls in combat. I'm waiting for it to be finish.

Something... new.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In Real Life

In Spiegelwelt his body figure didn't change much. His clothes changes into plain white unbuttoned shirt and long black pants. When he uses his power, his eyes would glow bright blue color.

Name: Andrew Elstone
    Title: Newton Gravity Controller
    Nationality U.S

Bio: Andrew was born as a son of a farmer in Kansas. But in contrast of the lively spirit of the country, Andrew was never been the most spirited kind. Graduating through middle school, Andrew never had much friends, much less a girlfriend. People often creeped out on how cold and expressionless his face was, but he never cared. His skin is pale, almost as white as a corpses' and his eyes were like dead fishes'. Every once awhile, if Andrew didn't move for awhile, people will thought he's dead. Walking corpse, that's others view him. But never once he complained or even bothered by it. He's, just like his looks, an oddballs.

Andrew's hobby is reading, but he never once shows expression when reading them, making others question whatever he really enjoy it or not. But regardless of that, he always seems to be occupied in reading, even at night. Every once awhile, he would stay up all night to read a series of book like Sherlock Holmes, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, and so on. In his third year of middle school, Andrew brought glasses for his bad eye.

His story starts when he was in high school when he got caught in a traffic accident. The next thing he knew, he was already laying in the hospital bed with an artificial leg. The doctor told him that due to the serve injury on his left leg, they had to do amputation. But that incident never once dejected him. Andrew then undergo a two month rehabilitation in the hospital. It was that time when Andrew discovered Spiegelwelt and try out numbers of things. One day met a quite interesting doctor whom happens to be the one who operated on him. The man was probably the most cheerful man he have ever seen, and Andrew took interest in him. During his two month stay in the hospital, Andrew make an habit of observing the people in the hospital. All the sadness, encouragement, disappointment, despair, various kind of emotion was seen, but out of all that, the doctor's was the brightest one. Every once awhile, Andrew had a conversation with the doctor which inspires him to be a doctor as well.

As soon as he released from the hospital, Andrew quickly began his study in medical. Begging to his parents, Andrew went to the big city for medical school. While studying for exams, Andrew also work various part-time jobs to cover up his daily needs. He spent quite a lot on novels and medical books and it drove him broke often. But never once he regretted his decisions to go big city to fulfill his newfoud dream.

Personality: Andrew is a quiet, cold guy. He never once speak his feelings, much less giving opinion about anything. But even so, he never refuse someone's favor. Deep down, he's not a bad person, it just he never really shows that to anyone. Andrew often speak in monotone, and rarely say anything more than needed. When he's in conversation, it always turn into something like Q&A, you rise up a question and he will answer. Done. Just that. Keeping a long conversation with Andrew is close to impossible.

In Spiegelwelt, Andrew had a drastic change of personality. He became really bold and talkative. Especially cocky. Whenever he's in front of a girl, he would try to hit on her like a smooth playboy, whatever it works or not is different case though. He also became really overly confident, especially when fighting with someone.

Die Steine Stadt: Andrew's Die Steine Stadt resembled to a war field. It's filled nothing but cracked building and ruins. Broken cars, burnt buildings, mess, just like how a place overrun by an army of opposing forces would be, the remnants of war. Andrew uses his power of gravity control to play with all the ruins and broken pieces of building and swung them around all over the places, destroying the place even more (kind of like a stress reliever). His favorite spot in this place was the top floor of an empty building. Only that place are dyed in bright colors, in contrast to the messes outside. It has sofa, table, books (of what he have already read in real world), and so on for him to relax.

Setting: In his delusional world, Andrew is a ESPer who brought war and chaos into the world. In modern time of 2041, the birth of ESPer became common. Because of their power ESPer was feared and the government intended to put them under full control by capturing every single of them and turn them into a superhuman soldier and Andrew was one of them. Several years later Andrew was rescued by a ESP terrorist group, which he later join in and cooperate to overrun the government, which brought the whole world to the dark time. The war killed over half of earth population, and Andrew was one of very few who remained. Back when he was captured by the government, Andrew was given a body which would last for centuries. Which in the end, after dozen of years, Andrew became the only human remain in earth. Andrew traveled across the earth, searching for other living being, ends up finding something hidden within the ruins in far south. It was the gate of time and space, which serve as the gateway between real world and Spiegelwelt. (which in Andrew's delusion is time travel; real world as past, and Spiegelwelt as present)

Key-word: "I, beholder of the key of time and space, wish for the gate to open and guide me to dystopia!"

Extra:

Ich wünsche für das Tor
    Last edited by 《Kazuma》; 03-07-2014 at 01:51 AM.

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll try and join in this one if I have the time!

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

KNIGHTS, fanfiction, superpowers, mystery, psychological
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wichtige Worte auf deutsch? Color me interested. I'll have to read everything over once again later before I begin character creation.
    Misty day, remains of the Judgement...

Something... new.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yay, a interest holder~! I was afraid this RP would shut down right before it started because lack of player.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Natürlich! If I get an excuse to speak German, I'm in. Pretty much no one where I live currently speaks it so I get really excited when I see or hear it anywhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quick question before I submit anything: can we have multiple characters? I'm thinking of reviving two older characters of mine but one cannot exist without the other.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast