Thread: Good evening, I'm Era! (INTRO THREAD)

Where it's sometimes really cold, but crazy people still wear shorts.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy/Supernatural/Romance is no.1 with plot
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Good evening, I'm Era! (INTRO THREAD)

(Just c/p my bio, because I'm super tired, but hello! I'm excited to get started with everyone here!)

Hey, call me Sophixino (Era/Sophi).

I'm a veteran roleplayer, but I've been away for a very long time. Life does that, and I found this place while looking for a fresh start, and a chance to rediscover a part of myself long since forgotten. An itch to reclaim some of what used to make me happy. Although, I write this in the midst of a long weekend, and I can only hope work life won't consume me by its end. Balance, I tell myself. Make time for me. Self-care for the mind? Fingers crossed.

I write in third person, typically novella to multi-paragraph. I've written in first, but find it odd with rp.
    I dislike one-liners, or *actions* and prefer actual description.

I prefer 1x1, but am happy with the right group.
    My genres of choice are fantasy, supernatural, adventure, romance, dark.

Particular loves are; vampires, elves(lord of the rings), Greek mythology, Norse mythology, and themes involving monsters and the general hunting/slaying/befriending and or really befriending of said monsters ��*♀️ I enjoy world and character building, but am easy to lose focus and so I'd like to try going with the flow(short of a nice character bio/template), rather than plot into an abyss of procrastination.

Some favoured plots and tropes for when things progress between characters~
    Enemies to lovers
    Enemies to friends to lovers
    Rivals
    Mafia
    Recently (totally breaking character) co-worker crush
    Searching/hunting for revenge
    Curse breaking
    Blight ending
    Rift sealing (where are my dragon age nerds at?)

Speaking of that I really enjoy world's like Dragon Age, The Witcher, The Lord of The Rings, Dungeons and Dragons, Underworld, Vampire Academy, Vampire Diaries, The Last Kingdom, Supernatural, Troy, anything Ancient Greece/Egypt. I used to do Naruto and InuYasha roleplays as well.

I've done sci-fi/Mass Effect, but my heart is in it for fantasy.

That's more than I can finish now, because it's 2:30am
    I'm a night owl, and most of my replies would come at night and on weekends. I work Monday through Friday managing a busy martial arts school and the hours are a little wack, but I enjoy it. Sleeping in is life lol.
    Last edited by Sophixino; 02-18-2024 at 08:07 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hi @Sophixino; and welcome to RPA! You’re in the right place, we have plenty of 1x1 fantasy enthusiasts here, and as luck would have it we are also currently running a Valentine’s event here with writing prompts which people are welcome to take to 1x1! I'm Azazeal849, the global moderator for the site, but you can call me Az. See below for our beginner’s guide to help you get started.

Why is your username in yellow?
    The yellow tint indicates that you're still a brand new member to the forum community. Note that there are some limitations to your access, such as limited number of PMs (about 2, so you may wish to clear your inbox after you've made your replies.) and the inability to view member profiles.

When will I be upgraded to a full member?
    Typically it's about 10 contributing posts, but the quickest path is to simply be active, post and engage with the community. Whether that be in RPs or in our social sections. Go on, say hello!

What's the first thing you should do as a new member?
    Take a quick read and familiarize yourself with the rules of our forum. I know, I know, rules already? These rules are straight forward and designed to protect all members of the RPA community. They're for your benefit, I promise!

How do you get to know members of the forum?
    Easy! Take a spin through Downtown! This is our social hub, get to know folks through fun and silly games, or join in on a conversation.

Where can you go to talk about your hobbies and interests?
    Well that would be our Entertainment section!

Wanna join a new or existing group RP?
    Check out this place!

Prefer to start to smaller and hone your skills in a 1 x 1?
    This is the place for you.

And with that out of the way...

Feel free to talk to some of the other recent newbies in this section, and don’t be shy about PM-ing one of the moderators or other forum staff if you have a question or need some help finding writing partners. Here's a quick guide to what the colors mean:

Green: RP or Social Mods
    Purple: Admin
    Blue: Global Mod
    Pink: Technical Mod (for site related issues)

Enjoy!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Where it's sometimes really cold, but crazy people still wear shorts.
    Fantasy/Supernatural/Romance is no.1 with plot
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you for the informative and warm welcome, Az!
    I'll get right to it, while the creativity is still flowing!

Hey again! Since I'd rather not sign away my soul, or part with my money just yet, and I cannot reply to the rules thread, I've come back to add in: owah tador kiam~

Now...off to explore!
    Last edited by Sophixino; 02-18-2024 at 08:00 PM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

HELLO AND WELCOME

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sophixino View Post
    Hey again! Since I'd rather not sign away my soul, or part with my money just yet, and I cannot reply to the rules thread, I've come back to add in: owah tador kiam~

Welcome to the site, @Sophixino; !

Our rules section is locked so thank you for posting the magic words here! If you do have questions on the site rules, you can pop them in this thread or you can PM one of the staff members. Simply click on the coloured name, then click Private message and type away!

Happy exploring!
    Last edited by Scottie; 02-19-2024 at 07:33 AM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Drat! Very well, you may keep your soul. For now.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

The Grey Lady
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi, all the things.
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I was so hoping to add another soul to my collection... *pulls large cord which drops a theatre style curtain before rows upon rows of souls in jars.*

But in any event, welcome! I'm Hannelorian, another mod, but you can call me Hanne if you prefer. Welcome to RPA and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
    Thanks to Hayabusa/Ryoku for the set.

Romance, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Slice of Life
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Welcome to the site if you like we could do some sort of frenemies to lovers.
    I have nothing important to say here.. But enjoy some sparklies in my signature! uwu

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

@Sophixino; a 1x1 proposal for you in the post above mine, just so you don’t miss it