Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: Haelorin Saga: Sanctuary Shatters OOC [M]

A Storm Is Coming
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Ninja, you have the princess reserved. As for right now, I'd say one character per person, unless you wanted to take on the youngest as an auxiliar.

Cf, go ahead and start filling out the aesthetics and whatnot. I'll message you about magics and whatnot in a couple hours. I need more sleep.

Persona, you have a reserved IL officer slot.

Feel free to start working on your character sheets, everyone. If you hit something and find yourself asking "should Stormwolf have a look at this before I proceed?" Chances are the answer is yes. Shoot me PMs with your questions etc.

Keep note, I am going to be sleeping for another 2 hours or so. I fell asleep at 6am and am no bueno in my present state.

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Be a half-blood Military criminal caraveneer with a lone wolf complex. *nods sagely*

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StormWolf View Post
    Ninja, you have the princess reserved. As for right now, I'd say one character per person, unless you wanted to take on the youngest as an auxiliar.

Cf, go ahead and start filling out the aesthetics and whatnot. I'll message you about magics and whatnot in a couple hours. I need more sleep.
    Who said anything about magic?

I'm a scientist. A Learned man, not some flinger of mystic Hoodoo. I aim to learn the mysteries of the world through analysis and experimentation....and vivisection, of beings both dead, and alive, not all who would be sedated, or even completely sedated.

There is a reason why I chose to be part of the non-human hating german country.

Spoiler: Things I like 

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

pseudo-german, thank you

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is the Erasian captial (where the royal family lives) in the same city as the Erasian college?

A Storm Is Coming
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes. The College has some auxiliary campuses, but the main school is in Fleuris.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

Well, psuedo-german, then

I Shall be their Mengele, and I will be the sickfuck mad scientist to end all sickfuck mad scientists. Our poisons shall be the best in the world, our soldiers will have the best medicine, the best enhancement drugs. Our country shall rise above the rest and we shall rule the world! Heil Valkenschild!

Spoiler: Things I like 

Anything that lets me smash stuff.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

“It takes more courage to suffer than to die”

Name: "Martellus Brimbly", or by his real name Jacque Bon

Titles or Ranks: “Hah! You think I got one?”

Race: Human

Nationality: Eresia

Appearance: A burly fellow who stands at 5’11”, Bon looks the part of your typical back alley rogue from Fleuris’s shadier streets. For every dashing chevalier with his polish sword and satin tabards glistening in the sun at its brightest, there’s a thug in rough clothes whose fashion matches the gloomiest clouds. In Bon’s case, he at least tries his best to look presentable; his day to day attire consists of brown slacks worn with a black leather belt and brown leather shoes; a white button up shirt that’s never well washed, a silk vest that’s light dark grey, and a ragged leather button up coat, with fur lining inside of the collar. Adorning his head is a grey flat cap and scarf around his neck, and under that scarf is a smaller bandana that he often used a mask,

The man himself is somewhat unassuming. His rugged face sports a small scar on his left cheek, left by a jagged knife edge. A brown thick mustache and goatee decorate his squared jaw and his mustache’s tips are curled. His teeth are mostly white with hints of yellow rot here and there, but they are somewhat crooked. His eyes are brown set under thick brown eyebrows. His nose looks like it has been healed recently from being broken.

Weapons: In his line of work, concealed arms are almost a must. Most would not call his weapons weapons at all, but like tools of misfits and degenerates.

Pepper Box Drake Pistol: How a rogue came upon a weapon reserved for the nobility is a simple explanation: He mugged one for it.

Dagger: A six inch long steel blade of middling quality. It’s scabbard is typically in his left sock.

Goedendag: A peasant’s weapon from Sonnengard, basically a long and narrow bludgeon that widened at one end, being 5 feet long. At the widest end was a sharp metal spike attached by a tang insert, the metal guard under the spike has two bladed flukes sticking out.
    Just about the only weapon Bon keeps openly, even then he keeps it under the seat of his carriage.

Creed:

“Ain’t nothing worth more than friends, I tell you. Friends aren’t just fellows you drink with and swap jokes at the tavern. They ain’t fellows when you just call on when you need a hand. Friends are those you’ll take a dagger for. Tell your darkest secrets to and be told back. They’ll stand with you even when you’re staring down Hel herself….”

Personality: Bon’s not an entirely nice man, but it should be noted first that he’s not apprehensively either. It takes a special sort of mean to walk the dark streets of Fleuris with a jaunty step and wry smile, willing to trade punches with the best and worst of the streets or run at the drop of the hat. He does not care for the problems of others much, unless it were to somehow become his problem as well he tends to just walk away. When it comes to the people he genuinely cares about, he is surprisingly loyal. Say what you will of this swarthy thug, the man is a loving older brother and dutiful son. He’s punctual, honest and gentle (when he needs to be, anyway.)

Of course he’s not without quirks, and be assured, dear reader, he has plenty. He likes stirring up trouble and picking fights. Has a sense of humor that even the most erudite company would find unseemly at times. Never knows when to shut up, and quite frankly can come off as arrogant despite his station.

Then again, despite all that, he can be endearing. Maybe.

Skills and Talents: As scum of the city, Bon is no stranger to violence. He grew up fast learning how to box and brawl with the meanest of thugs and guards of Fleuris, with anything he could find. He’s sneaky and guilesome to a fair degree, able to cut a purse from a belt just as easily as he could lie to get out of trouble.

Banes: He’s not much good for anything else. Besides driving carriages and wagons or shoveling horse droppings off the street, he doesn’t have other skills that would get him far in life. Also, he may have grown up a fighter, he’s not that greatly skilled. Without the classical training of a Man-at-Arms or even a professional soldier, what he lacks in the finer points of melee combat he has to compensate for in pragmatism. He’s also a not a good shot with his firearm, in fact he does not even realize that the iron sights on it are used for aiming.

Biography:

If anyone ever asked, Jacques Bon is just another cutthroat in the most beautiful city in the world. Another rogue to ignore during the day and something to look out for in the night. Who's to say his story is not like every other cut purse who had the ill fortune to be born into Eresia's downtrodden?

Well, as the saying in Eresia goes, "Every Man is a Story."

Bon's story began in slums of Fleuris, where the streets are cold and the tenets are cramped and nowhere near the opulent vistas of the Capital. His childhood was not an easy one, being a lad who got the barest schooling from the local Temple of the Daina and had to spend most of his days working in the local carriage builders. His parents made life bearable, as they were loving as most could be. He'd learn a lot of things from them, like responsibility and respect. Though he'd adhere to some things more than others...

When he was eighteen, his father ran afoul of the law. He was caught stealing supplies from a general store and was jailed by the city guard. The Bon family never saw their patriarch again, his life stolen away by a brute sharing a cell with him. From there Jacques had to take up the task of keeping his family afloat.

Jacques loved his father greatly. He didn't just lose a father, he lost his best friend. And he had a city to blame for his loss.

Fixing carriages and taxiing them would not be enough to help keep an ailing mother healthy and an ambitious little sister through school, so he had to pull off some sinful work. Bon knew he was never a good kid, he was mean, crafty, and silver tongued; so he took what he knew and made himself to be quite the ne'er-do-well.

For years, he'd build himself quite the racket as both a taxi man and a highwayman. He'd hold up people in the city, scaring them into taking carriage taxis across the city because they were safer, often riding a carriage driven by the very man who held them up on an earlier night. He had a good thing going for himself, he could buy medicine for his mother and put his sister through the College of Magic, and like all good things it could not last forever.

One night he took his mugging much to far. It happened so fast on that cold night, the victim drew a gun, the gun fired, he punched a man out, and he took off with the gun. The day after, the heralds cried about the murder and theft of a noble in one of Fleuris' most beautiful parks. The City Guard was outraged and insulted, and swore on their honor they would tear through whole city to find the killer.

Bon knew what he had to do. He took what remained of his theft stash and gave it all to his mother and gave her a long winded good bye. He fled, the city he called home for so long, and fled as far as a passenger ship could take him. Weeks later, he found himself on Sanctuary under a new name, with a new hope he could start life anew.

RP Sample

Spoiler: Just a Night in the Park... 
    Last edited by IronQuill; 05-10-2015 at 01:37 AM.
    Hilariously derailing one-liner

Red Ninja
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I will toss around some ideas in my head tonight, consider this a tentative reservation.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Giga Onion
    Give me an Idea and I'll see what I can do
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Question: Since this is high fantasy, would magical items, such as Grimoires, be a literal manifestation or not?

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast