Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trials and Tribulations: A Member Roleplay Adventure. IC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Semi-action packed but still has a good story and can keep me hooked and in suspense of whats next
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As mystic walked through he quickly moved out of the way of the offending vine that tried to latch onto him. "Yeah that's gonna be a no" he said as he quickly ran through the area as fast he could. He only stopped when he was safe from the vines

Made by the wondrous Hayabusa

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Omac didn't notice when some of his colleges were jumping out of the way of the deadly vines. He was looking up at the sky. He kept walking until he felt something tickling him from behind. "Come on guys, we don't have time for games..." he then turned around to see a wave of vines come after him. "AH!" He screamed and dove out of the way. He was in the middle of the patch now. Too close to freedom, and too far to go back. They were coming in from all sides and soon would be upon him...

He closed his eyes. It's true that he didn't have his butter magic, or his portal sword. Man, the Hydro Blaze would be really helpful right now. Or a Meatball launcher! Just something to fight back with... He imagined trying to outrun them. That seemed like too much work. "Super speed would sure come in handy about now..." he clicked his shoes together wishing. He then pictured himself crawling underneath to avoid the thorns that were growing all above him. But, that would just make him dirty. There really was only one option.

"I ain't afraid of no plants!" he said opening his eyes and punching left. He didn't hit anything, but it sure looked cool as air whooshed around his fist like air does. He walked in a straight line as he dodged every attack that came near him. A vine came towards him and he kicked it back. He pulled it to the ground and snapped it's neck. He then called for fire to rain down upon the vines as he walked away from the explosive flames to victory. His hands above his head like a champion.

...none of that happened. He really just ran to safety the moment he saw a plant move.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I watch as the trees admired me, slowly moving their branches as to form a clear path for me.

It must been my sexy green skin and vines.

Finally getting the respect a queen like me should be getting.

I was still cautious and walked slowly, in case someone else was not too lucky.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

P.K. followed after the others, still a little groggy from her sleep but coming awake slowly enough to notice that this place seemed to be a little more eerie then the flower clearing had been. when the first vine lashed out at one of her companions P.K. jumped before hopping to the side to avoid one warping around her ankle. "How rude." She chided the vine before quickly following after Kris and Omac to the safety of the other side. turning. "Watch out guys!" She called before watching intently to make sure no one was caught.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

After a few attempts, AyJay was walking again, yawning quietly to himself. Under the Grove of vines, he passed them unknowingly before pausing when one of the things dangled in front of his face. The green vine swayed to and fro, slithering around him.

He paused, staring at the wriggling mass above him before shaking his head. "Wa-wait up!!!" He yelped, voice cracking. His face was undeniably red and he was muttering to himself. Once he was safely away from the vines, he looked back, cheeks red. "... Do you guys wonder what would happen if we get caught?"
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

They continued on with this lovely journey that Loki had set them on until they reached the forest. angel thought nothing of it at first. Aside from being a little creepy. Then as the were a little ways in the trees seemed to come to life. Angel was about to break into another run, thinking there was far too much running as of late. But then she notice how the trees didn't go after Kris. Angel quickened her pace until she was right next to Kris and then linked her arm in Kris' "Uh, yeah I'm with her." She said, with a forced smile plastered on her face. She wasn't sure if this was gonna work or if Kris would play along. Still Angel pressed on with her plan hoping for the best.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

UPDATE 4:

After escaping the carniverous trees you continue on your way. It is nearly sunset when at last you finally come to the edge of the jungle. Ahead is open rocky ground that slopes upward. The mountain peak which you could earlier see in the distance is now right ahead of you and on a rocky outcrop at the base stands the temple Loki spoke of which you see is a large building built of stone. From near where you stand the remains of a stone path lead up towards it.

With little time left to spare you hurry up the path. You reach the front of the temple and find a large open entranceway with large stone pillars on either side. You step warily inside. Inside you pass through a small entrance chamber then through another opening and down a couple of steps to find youself in a large rectangular vault with high walls and ceiling. In the center the chamber is divided in two by a large pit about 15ft deep spanned only by a narrow stone walkway. The whole chamber is lit by braziers on the walls. Curiously there are also large round balls hanging from the ceiling above the pit and tethered to the walls at the side by rusty metal hooks. Sitting casually on an alter at the far end of the chamber is Loki.

"Ah I see you made it" he smiles. "I trust you didn't encounter too much misfortune along the way. I said I'd send you back to your own world didn't I? Well first I have one more test for you. If three of you can make it across this bridge between us and reach the side where I'm standing then I shall send you all home to your own realm as I promised - on that I give my word as an Asgardian. But of course I can't make the test too easy." With those last words the top of his staff suddenly gleams with magic and as you look on the large balls hanging down from the ceiling are abruptly released from the walls to start to swing back and forth across the walkway ahead of you.

Ok this is it - the final obstacle. The swinging balls are basically made from leather hides over a wire frame and the weight of the frame plus the chain above makes them pretty heavy. To try and get across the bridge without being hit and knocked off each person rolls 2d6. If you roll 7 or above you made it. If you roll 6 or less you are knocked into the pit and land on a heap of bones while also breaking a couple of bones of your own in the fall. Once fallen in the pit you are basically stuck there and can only wait and hope the others do better.

Note that if 3 people succeed in getting across there is no need for other players to make further rolls not unless you want to try and cross anyway just for the hell of it, but in either instance you are still welcome to write a post.

"If I reach the other side can I go and beat up Loki?" Unfortunately not, the dais where Loki is standing is protected by an invisible barrier of magic. :P
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Give into Decay...
    RPAFanfiction
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Look straight. Then down. Then back to Loki. Man, he's one ugly dude.Then to the gigantic swirling balls. Then back down. "Well, I'm screwed. If there is one thing I suck at it, it's balance." He looked back down once final time, and then looked to the way they came in wondering if it was too late to run away. With a gulp, "I survived the log before... this can't be much harder, right?". He reached forward to the path and stared to cross slowly. Very slowly. He tried to distract himself with thoughts of conspiracy theories and toast.

This wasn't coming all together like his last adventure had. The first trial and the last one had something in common, but the middle two didn't. The second one including members falling asleep, and the third was vines that had a mind of there own. It didn't make any sense! It then struck him as the shadow of a massive metal ball came swerving towards him. He lept forward to try and avoid certian death, but there was nothing he could do. The ground beneath him faded away.

"Am I dead?". He held his eyes shut and felt the pull of gravity take him. It was just pulling him back and forth over and over. Wait, back and forth? Shouldn't gravity be pulling him down into the pile of bones? He opened his eyes to find himself slightly above the platform, hanging onto the chain of the swinging ball. At first, he was completely terrified and then he started to feel motion sick. He had to pull himself together if he was ever going to get to the other side. He looked to the chain that was gripped in between his hands. "That's it..."

The log was the bridge that gaped two pieces of land together. The vines were the ropes that tied the earth to nature. Or something like that. It was the second challenge that made everything make sense. This had been set up as a team game. If Omac didn't save PK from her sleeping curse then she would have died, and the same could have been said for the challenge before and after. If someone fell in the water then he would have pulled them out. If someone was wrapped in the vines then he would have run faster, but he should have went back to save them. Because it all makes sense now. It's a chain.

"But, what changed?" He asked Loki as he still hung to the massive ball. "This whole thing had been a chained event, but now you expect all of us to get across solo and only three of us have to make it?". Omac slipped down safely onto the platform. He moved forwards as more swerving balls came his way, but he was moving at a pace where he wasn't struck. Finally he reached the other side and looked back, "Form a chain! The more of you that are connected the easier it will be to get as many of us over as possible!".

He then looked to Loki with his annoying 'I figured you out, I'm SO smart' face. "The word chains is just a metaphor, isn't it? Or simile. I never really understood the difference...". He shook it off and pointed towards Loki, but staying far enough away from the force field. "We're not supposed to use chains. We'll we are supposed to work together, but that's exactly the point. In RPALandia the world was dark and everyone fought for themselves. This is all to teach us a lesson. You want us to change our ways before that happens,". He dropped an invisible microphone, "How close am I?"
    Last edited by Omac; 10-09-2017 at 03:37 PM.

The seals have been broken...
    The Purgament has begun...
    The Piper's out of the basement...
    The Dead have started to boogie...
    Decay is Coming

Spoiler: The winner is... 

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

It looked easy enough, and sure seemed simple...

Maybe it was the heat of day, the bastard wind, or just a simple roll of dice...

Whatever it was, I soon found myself falling with my voice filling my ears with terrible cries, which followed after the horrible landing, as I felt myself broken in more than ways I hope to know.

I looked up, a little hope still in my heart, to see that maybe two more will make it.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

P.K. listened to Omac go on to Loki. "Uhm..." she wasn't sure Loki wanted them to change anything since he wasn't exactly known as the best person. Regardless some of what Omac said... made sense. She watched the swinging balls go back and forth with her eyes. Omac had done a really amazing job going through. She hesitated for a moment. Even with a Chain though if one person fell that might be enough to knock every one linked down. Only three people had to get across. She was nimble...

Before she went Kris made an attempt and P.K. jerked forward reaching out one hand but it was to late. "KRIS!" She had to turn away before she hit the ground knowing she'd either be dead or broken. P.K. took in a shaky breath before stepping back and looking over the path once more. She looked once at Loki was a determined look before she moved.

She moved forward the first ball wishing just by her she slipped past the second and paused just long enough for the the third to pass jut hair breaths away in front of her before moving forward again. She jumped forward tumbling forward in a roll the last leg of the trip before popping up next to Omac. She looked back once at the rest of the group. She'd made it... and now they only needed one more. "Come on! you can do it! don't be afraid to try!"
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast