Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Demons & Domes (IC)

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rising to her feet, Kay eyed Januarie suspiciously. The man just got punched in the abdomen and he didn't so much as cringe. She supposed everyone dealt with the stress of their journey differently, but this one seemed to have shut off all emotion.

"Well if he says he's fine, I guess he's fine," Kay said slowly. She pulled her eyes from her would-be patient to greet the girl who had joined them. "Thanks for the concern though."

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vivienne chuckled softly at Veins remark and rolled her eyes.
    "I highly doubt that," she chuckled,"I've never been one to have many friends. As to my teeth they are real. They became sharp not long after I joined the military. Beauties aren't they?"
    Vivienne smirked and slipped of to the back of the group where she had one of the other officers cover their tracks. As she was heading back to the front she spotted Januarie and Kay and walked over to them.
    "Hey,"she said giving them a small salute,"How are things back here? Silent as ever aren't we Januarie? You always were the strong silent type."

Where ever the wind blows in othere words where ever there is sugar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People. Lots of people. Again nothing changed but he didn't speak. Didn't actually want to. He wanted to go back to what he'd been doing. That was possible with all of them surrounding him. He chafed at that.

"Don't bother" Someone said near by. "Januarie don't talk much to anyone"

It was true. And maybe the "strong silent type" wasn't entirely right either. He'd regressed into silence not chosen it. Just the "silent type" would fit better. He just observed the three women around him now. Vivienne was army. Ace was not but she might as well be. And Kay was...he hadn't even known she was with the group. Therefore he liked her best. She didn't draw attention to herself.
    Spoiler: LMM's WORK 

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the other women, a soldier this one, called over to them and Kay shrugged in return. She adjusted her messenger bag on her shoulder and began to make her way down the hillside, away from this Januarie adn towards the main group. The man didn't want to chat, that was obvious. No point in pushing him.

The other soldier had known his name. Kay glanced quickly around her as the realization hit that she hardly knew anyone in their group. It wasn't that she was had been new to their outpost before the attack, or that she was a particularly shy girl, but she had been constantly stuffed away in the medical bay. Most of the wounded didn't last long enough to make long term friends, and the more minor patients would rather take her services and be free of the hospital ward. No one ever stopped by for a talk.

Well she knew one name now, and that was a start. Kay approached the soldier and her companion, a man she took to be one of the leaders of the group and offered a smile. "He says he's 'fine,'" she repeated. "So I guess I'll take his word for it. Will we be resting here a bit longer, or moving on?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vein laughed as the woman walked to the back of the group.

"Damn right freaky they are," he mumbled shaking his head.

He had set his mind to take his position at the front and for the moment he was a little more at ease about the whole situation, but that was about to inevitably end. He stopped as he heard the sound of metalic blades chopping through the air, a sound not heard my man within a dome city. It was the sound of helicopter blades.

"Hey," he shouted as he pointed to the sky spotting a black spec moving closer to them from the distance. "It's a helicopter."

"Maybe it's D9 coming to the distress call."

As the words left his mouth the chopper howled like a screaming Arxen and began letting off chopper rounds on the crowd ripping through a few before it passed on over disappearing into the distance.

Vein found himself lying on the ground underneath an overhanging cliff, confused and dazed. It happened so fast, there had been little time to react, but now...he knew what the Arxen they were dealing with was.
    Don't be a loser! Join C/G
    CLICK HERE TO BE A WINNER!
    Formerly Vein!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ace had little time to react to the helicopter, which is why her forearm was bleeding from a bullet or two. She wanted to scream aloud as she looked down at her arm. She took out her knife and dug out the bullets, gritting her teeth as she did. She looked around to check out if the others were okay. "Anyone need help or anyone got some alcohol?" she asked in pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
    Oh my god. I think you guys are becoming better writers just within the role play! Non, I think that was your all time best post ever ever. I'm the GM and I'm surprised as hell.

I feel like I'm losing control of this RP, but not in the bad way. You guys are starting to surprise me I love it.
    Best compliment of my life 5/11/2011

every genre
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The loud booming of a helicoptor filled the air around them, but it extinguished hope as soon as it had brought it. Bullets flew everywhere, and Kay found herself covering her head and scampering away in frantic search of shelter.

One of the other women was screaming. Kay whirled around. Her arm was bleeding. The sense of duty that was now ingrained from years of training took over the instinct to hide from danger, and the medic sprinted back to her companion.

"Come on!" she cried, grabbing the girl's good arm and dragging her along to an outcropping of rock. The two crouched behind it, Kay flinching every time bullets ricocheted off the stones. She retrieved a roll of gauze and antiseptic from her bag and with deft fingers began to dress the wound. In a matter of seconds, she was done and glancing about in search of more wounded allies.

"Well they found us quicker than I had thought," Kay grumbled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ace looked at the girl who fixed her arm and hugged her tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you, I like you, Im'm watch your back and that dude's over there for now on. Those stupid monster's have quite a sense of hearng or smell, well its one of the two I cant remember. Can I ask your name?" Ace looked around seeing if the otehrs were okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
    Oh my god. I think you guys are becoming better writers just within the role play! Non, I think that was your all time best post ever ever. I'm the GM and I'm surprised as hell.

I feel like I'm losing control of this RP, but not in the bad way. You guys are starting to surprise me I love it.
    Best compliment of my life 5/11/2011

Anything and everything
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vivienne heard the helicopter and had begun to climb the cliff face. As soon as it breached the top of the cliffs she cursed snd let off the cliff flace grabbing the nearest people and flinging them against the cliff face, but it was already to late. Bullets flew felling people left and right. Many where wounded and a few were dead. Vivienne wasted no time and began yelling orders to get every one moving towards the dome. Once everyone was running in the right direction Vivienne began running around administering help to the injured. When she finally got a minute she ran up to Vein.
    "We need to watch out for that helicopter," she sighed,"but we also need to be wary of other types of attack. So if we hear anything that can be considered help I want everyone else behind something that can protect them from any fire that is thrown, shot, or dropped on them. I'll check it out to make surer it's not Arxen and let you know. Otherwise we stay hidden alright? We don't need to lose any more than we have."
    Vivienne didn't wait for a reply and walked off to help more of the wounded. This was going to be a long walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vein looked to Vivienne and sighed, "It can't be helped Vivienne," he stated shaking his head. "The moment we left the dome with this large group it was already inevitable that many would not see the walls of D9."

He looked to the shaken people who seemed to be filled in tears mourning for their loved ones, or just plain scared beyond belief. "We'll save as many as we can..."

Vein turned looking to the crowd of people. "Some of you are going to die," he shouted with fury in his voice. "Some of you are going to watch your loved ones die. You are no longer civilians relying on militia to save your asses. This is just the beginning of our little journey. There is still hundreds of miles that we must walk and if you're not going to toughen up and accept that some WILL die. Then go back to D7 and let the hordes ease your ignorance. We will protect you, if possible. We won't let you just die if there is a chance your life can be saved, but your all going to have to start thinking like this is a battlefield. The dead laying here, I want you to put them in the back of your mind for now, let their corpses rot on these jagged slopes. We can't take them with us to D9...they're dead and when you get them to D9 wanting them to be buried, they're just gonna be burned in the incinerators. Don't let the dead weigh you down."

Vein then turned to Vivienne with the same glare in his eyes. "We can't afford to lose more than we have, of course...if we lose more than we have then that means everyone is dead. However, we aren't going to save everyone."

He passed Vivienne moving off to climb the rocks leading to a cliff overhanging their current position, the same he had hid under earlier. He walked ahead of the group a few yards coming to a view overlooking the plains below that led for miles before the connected with the forest. He could already feel the fear in his heart. Walking across that plain was open ground with no cover. The chopper could easily eat them up on this terrain. There was no hope of survival if they just crossed it.

"Damnit, I had everyone thinking there was help coming...I made them stand there in confusion as the chopper shot them down...Why can't I save anyone?"

He shook the thoughts as he walked back coming to the cliff he had previously climbed and looking over it to the group.

"Anyone who can carry and use a gun, I need you all to come up here for a second."

Vein knew what must be done, but it was going to be at a heavy price.
    Last edited by \/Ģin; 01-01-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Don't be a loser! Join C/G
    CLICK HERE TO BE A WINNER!
    Formerly Vein!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast